Chapter 10: Criminal (revised)

(A/n I'm a sophomore in high school guys, class of 2019 yo' we lit 😂. And also thank you guys for the 20k reads, Happy new year hoes)

Keana POV

My eyes widen as I was surprised that he even picked up phone call this late at night. Nicole and I both looked at each other in unison, "Hello...?" We hear Dylan say. She then starts hitting my arm and mouthed 'say something.'

I cleared my throat "Yah hey its Kea- I mean Miss.Carter." I shake my head.

He stayed silent for a while, he probably doesn't want to talk now. "Umh hey are you still there?"

I hear shuffling on the other like again "Yah, I'm still here, I was just pinching myself to make sure this isn't a dream"

I smiled at that comment. I then look over to Nicole and see her grining from ear to ear which made me go back to serious mode again. "Sorry to call you at such a late time Mr.Kingston, you must've been busy"

He chuckled "Actually no, other than sleeping I wasn't doing much." He said

"Oh I'm sorry for interrupting your sleep Mr.Kingston, I just called to apologize about my behavior today. The way I went about that was completely unprofessional and I never thanked you for your services"

The other line was went silent for a couple of seconds, this caused my anxiety to rise a little, I even pressed the home button to see if he was still on the phone.

I then heard him take a deep breath, then he let out a faint chuckle

" My whole life, I've been liked and/or admired by everyone. The people who didn't like me were normally just wanted what

it's every single man's dream to wake up to a beautiful voice belonging to a beautiful girl" I gasped and Nicole took her phone and put him on mute. She then started screaming which made neko jump into my arms. "GURL HES A SMOOTH TALKER!"

I rolled my eyes, "I'm familiar with this, he talked his way out of almost every situation when we were in high school. That's why they called him the king"

"Really? He said it was because he did even sport in your school and he happened to be the best at it" she replied.

"Yah that too"

"So how'd you get my phone number? I don't necessarily remember giving it to you, I think I would remember if I did anyways" Dylan said interrupting Nicole and I's conversation. She quickly took him off of mute and gave me the phone.

"And this is not necessary my phone" I awkwardly laughed.

"So you don't have a phone...?" He said confused.

"NO no, it's not that, I just wanted to talk to you" I started internally screaming after I've realize what I just said. "I-I mean" I stuttered.

I hear him chuckle on the other line, I swear if I was standing up I would've already fell over. "So keana, whata doing" he then says casually.

"Other than talking to you? I'm just sitting on my bed petting my cat named neko" I finally calmed down

"Oh I used to have a cat when I was in high school, but it died because it was very old" he said sounding a tad bit sad. I don't remember him having a cat, but then again I wasn't close to him at all so there's probably a whole bunch of other things I didn't know about him.

"Oh, well I'm sorry for your loss Mr.Kingston"

"What did I tell you about calling me Mr.Kingston! It's Dylan outside of school" (a/n Zamn okay Zaddy)