chapter 5: staff meetings

Kenna POV

It was 30 minutes till the bell would ring and I just got finished teaching my kids a lesson on trigonometry. "Okay does anyone wanna ask any questions before I give ya'll tonight's homework." I said walking behind my desk getting a stack of papers. One of my students raised their hand which caused me to mentally groan.

"Yes Mr.Martin." I said with a bit of an attitude; almost everything that comes out of his mouth is borderline stupid. (A/N who else thinks teachers talk mad shit about their students in their mind or to other people) "I was just wondering on when you were going to take my offer on taking you out on a date." I then hear a burst of groans around the classroom and various comments.

"Here's this nigga goes again."

"Don't you understand she don't want you."

"He is so thirsty it's unreal."

I mentally roll my eyes and tried to keep my composure, "Never is and will always be my final answer Mr.Martin, plus I'm almost twice your age."

"Aye baby like Aaliyah said age ain't nothing but a number."

Kenna:

"Get out!"

"Get out!"

*few minutes later*

I gave the sheets of homework to Sophia so she can pass them out to the class.

I sat down on my chair and scanned the classroom for any misbehaving students. I then see one chewing gum. "Mr. Michaels throw your gum in the trash." He shrugs then proceeds to throw the gum at this girl's face. 
"You bootleg Stephen Curry, the gum hit me!"
I slap my forehead, "I understand that you may have bad aim but you could've easily walked up to the trash can."

"What are you talking about I have perfect aim. see I thew it at the trash can..." he said pointing at the girl.

And this is what I have to deal with every weekday...

*Fast forward to after school*

After all the kids left, our grade level was planned to have a meeting about the kids, trips, work and the overall wellness of the Class of 2021. I usually look forward to our staff meetings because Mrs. Brooks usually makes the food and after the meetings the females just talk about their husbands and their kids. Even though I don't have any of my own, I still like to listen and imagine if I did.

Since we have a new addition to our staff it may be a little bit awkward for everyone, specifically me.

"Knock, knock!" Nicole said with a excited sounding voice.

"The door was already opened so you defeated the purpose of knocking." I said while turning off my computer.

"Why you always gotta ruin the mood." She said stomping her feet. Nicole was a very unique person. During school hours she would be somewhat professional, dressing business casual.