Chapter 10- Calm before the storm

Chapter 10 Calm before the storm

Roxanne didn't have a destination in mind when she walked out of the Grill, she was feeling too overwhelmed with both her thoughts and emotions. Her body was on autopilot as she tried to sort out her thoughts. How could she lose her temper like that? How could she make her brother a laughing stock? God she felt like the worst sister imaginable right now, no, she felt like Elena; even after everything she'd said to Elijah the last night, her actions today just completely contradicted everything she said. Roxanne couldn't help but replay the look of fear in Jeremy's eyes and it felt like a knife to the gut every time she did. She felt like a monster.

God, how she hated being over-emotional. Roxanne bitterly thought whilst wiping under her eyes before looking around to see where she was.

The Falls.

The Falls was Roxanne's go to place. Whether she was happy, upset, angry or just bored, The Falls is where she went. An involuntary small genuine smile appeared on her face as a million memories flittered across her mind, from the time she discovered this place after having a fight with her parents when she was eight, to the time she went skinny dipping or the time she wanted to be a mermaid and spent a whole week in the water, she chuckled at the memory, remembering how scared and worried her parents were when she had finally gone home, the sheriff and a handful of deputies were sat on the sofa with her mother as her father paced completely out of his mind. Elena and Jeremy were sat on the stairs crying when the front door opened and Roxanne stomped in rather disheartened about the fact that she didn't have a tail. Her parents had rushed her, holding her so tight she thought she'd die. She was nine at the time and completely oblivious to the situation she'd caused.

The last time Roxanne had been to The Falls was the day she left, it was the only place she'd said goodbye to.

Her head tilted to the side as she glanced down at the water below before she slipped off her nude pumps and her royal blue spaghetti strapped top and shimmied out of her white skinny jeans. Standing there in just her white Victoria Secret matching underwear set, Roxanne swung her legs over the wooden bannister beam so that she was sitting on the ledge before taking a shuddering breath and falling.

~8~

Jeremy approached the Mikaelson table with urgency and frantic eyes "I need your help" He looked directly at Elijah, ignoring the other Originals.

"And what, pray tell, do you need our help for?" Klaus was the one who answered the youngest Gilbert

"I know you heard everything just then" Jeremy said now looking at all of them

"What does that have to do with anything?"

"I can tell you care for my sister and for some reason she seems to like you as well, so I need your help finding her before she does something stupid" His eyes pleaded with Elijah's "I can't lose her again, Elijah"

"Now why would we want to help?" Kol decided to insert his input

"No a better question would be; why are you coming to us when the doppelganger and her precious Salvatore's are just across the room?" Klaus added, smirking

Jeremy ran a hand through his hair, aggravated beyond belief, he needed to find Roxanne right now. "Because they won't care about finding her, the only thing they seem to care about lately is killing you." He threw a glare in Klaus's direction before adding "Roxy didn't have to help you, she didn't have to go out of her way and tell you what your mother was planning but she did...and I can see that she's clearly made a lasting impression on all of you."