Ino, The Yamanaka Diva

What's good guys? No? okay. I just had to tell you all how excited I am about this fanfic, but I know most of you starved shikaino fans will just skip right over this so oh well.

Chapter 1- Ino: The Yamanaka Diva

----------

Ino Yamanaka. That's me alright. The student council president, the girl who gets all the attention from both boys and girls, the one who cant make many friends because I'm supposedly stealing everybody's man, the one who is 'perfect inside and out'. UGH. I mean, it's not that I don't like the attention and praise from my peers, it's just that I don't really think that it'll help me in my future. And my future is the one thing that I will not let any anyone interfere with, not even the people closest to me. And that's just a part of the reason why I only really have three friends. It seems that since I have an official fanclub that actually got the approval of some old bastard who has a thing for me, that every girl in my school seems to want me to die, don't know why really though, I mean how would you feel if an old teacher that has bags everywhere wants YOU. That's another reason. But the worst of all is the rumor that I play favorites when it comes to discipline, which I do not. At all. But sitting here staring at the fifteen members of the student council, I shouldn't be worrying about things like that.

"Um council president I have the attendance records for all of the classes in Hall A. The teachers highlighted all of the absences of all students as you requested."

Ah yes, I do remember telling every teacher about that to make it more efficient for us to deal with everyone. "Okay Sai, set them on my desk please....yes right there. Thank you Sai." I usher him out readily as he tries to stall with questions about feelings as per usual.

Turning back to everyone in the room I scan each of their faces. "Alright now guys, the school festival is coming up soon and I have jobs for just about half of you so you all can work in pairs to complete the tasks. Some of the tasks will be at the beginning, middle, or ending of the preparations for this event. Now, I'm going to need Sakura and Kiba work your way to budgeting each classes limit of money to spend, Naruto and Neji need to list all of the ideas for each class's event and I hope that Neji can give good judgment on what should be allowed as an event, Tenten and Hinata should be able to suffice with......." And list names on and on until everyone is in a pair and has a task including me.

I sit down at my desk and start to get to work on the absent people until I come across one long yellow line. Meaning this student didn't come to class at all this month, but his grades are seriously high. My eyes narrow as I take a look at the name. Of course. Shikamaru Nara. Probably the only one in the universe who could not show up to any of his classes and is still a straight A student.

Just the thought of his passive face and his laid back demeanor just gives me a headache. He is also one of my friends along with Choji Akimichi because of our fathers, and boy, those two are just so annoying!

In any case, I get complaints from teachers in our grade to make sure that he comes to class, but not even I can control his impossibly lazy attitude. I've literally tried everything from asking nicely to screaming bloody murder and whacking his head on lockers and desks, but he just doesn't care, so this afterschool talk will be nothing more than me nagging and him blatantly ignoring me and then saying 'sorry'.

I sigh in defeat, my eyes drooping already from the soon to be headache that was coming. It's honestly embarrassing to the point where I have a bottle of Advil in my desk. Soon after the club activities, everyone packs up and leaves, their chatter slowly fading as they get farther from the club room.

I sigh once more and get out my phone and pull up Shikamaru's number, and press call. After five rings his voice floods through my ear drums raspy and rough," thanks Ino, you woke me up from my nap. You see I was looking at the clouds and-" I cut him off. "where the hell are you? Shikamaru Nara lord help me if you don't answer.." I leave the threat at that and hear him sigh, the sounds of him shuffling around in the background. "I'm up on the roof of the building. Why?" I grab my bag and start walking towards the staircase, hanging up on the slug in the process.

Opening the door, look around not seeing him any where. "Ino, I am behind the door." I blush in embarrassment before closing the door behind me and stepping right in front of him.

I look at him exhausted before I draw in a breath and puff it out my mouth. "Shikamaru Nara. Would it kill you to come to class at least once for a change? I mean I get chewed out by the teachers for your absences in class and they have high expectations of you considering you're a straight A student. But I can't continue to make excuses for you." I finish shaking my head. Once I'm done he looks up at me and pushes himself off of the ground standing taller than me by a few inches. "Then don't make excuses for me Ino. It's ok but if you're really all that stressed about it then I'll start going to class."

His face stayed the same, but his eyes held mischief. Nara what are you up to? I narrow my eyes at him, he has never really given any other response to my nagging then the occasional sorry if anything at all, so I knew something was up. Does he want something from me? Well fine, I can most definitely play this game too. "What's the catch?" I ask confidently, but inside I waver. Shaking these thoughts from my head and look up at him defiantly preparing for the worst.

"Kiss me."

My eyes nearly pop right out of my head and roll away. "what?!"

---------------

Woohoo! First chapter in the bag guys! Tell me what you think by commenting and voting follow me if you want to read my other book too, though it's not a fan fiction at all. Well I bid you all ado.

Peace peeps,

Littlel-lemonhead