The Shadow To Your Light

Shikamaru P.O.V.

I watch her crystal clear eyes glisten in awe at the sight before her. The scenery of the waterfall was enchanting. The way the mist coated the small clearing in a mystic veil, illuminated by the cool moonlight, had a charm all in itself. Charming, just like her. Oh my Ino. I would give anything to know what's going on in her head right now. The way she looks right now is almost like she's meant to be here. A goddess in her element. She wanders to the edge of the water and lays on her side looking over the clear water, and I study her delicate frame as she picks up a smoothed over gray stone. I wish I could document this moment but something tells me I shouldn't miss this side of Ino. My eyes just won't leave her.

I did stumble across it thinking of her, and it wasn't just some romantic thing to say, though I can admit, I know how to read a room. I creep up beside her, sitting cross cross apple sauce and begin to play with her hair. Taking it out of the ponytail she looks at me surprised when I begin to loosely braid it. This however was just a distraction.

Humming to keep my profile low, I watch like a predator as she closed her eyes and sighed in contentment. As soon as her beautiful peepers close I'm in my chest pocket, fetching out the devils lettuce which smells way too loud for it to be in this measly sandwich bag. I pat my pockets looking for my lighter when I remember that it too was in my chest pocket. I fish that out as well, and look wistfully at the pre-rolled cones that I took my time with upstairs earlier. I could almost cry they're so beautiful. Sweet nirvana. As I take the first one out, my movements alert Ino to what I'm doing, but before she could get a word out, I spark the lighter to life. The cozy warmth near my thumb feels familiar as the amber glow encases the end of the joint and I take the first hit that goes straight to my head. Ino looks at me like I'm joking, as I continue to pull another time, and clear my throat after exhaling. I motion the joint towards her with my right hand, totally offering it to her. Like seriously no in this exact moment, I'm trying to pass her the joint. If I have a girl shouldn't I be able to pass her the blunt?

She looks at me, then down at the hand, then back up at me. How long is she gonna do that?? I voice my thoughts cause I have no filter. She chuckles and shakes her head no. What does that mean?
"Shika I told you that I would not be smoking with you tonight. I hate and love to be the killjoy at the same time." The twinkle in her eyes hold mischief as she takes it. I reach for it with a pout as she reaches behind me swiftly and takes out my ponytail. Ughhhh she is so difficult.
"Ino just do it I know you want tooooo.." I trail off as she looks at it burning inbetween her fingers. Well don't just sit there idiot smoke!!
"Well don't just sit there idiot smoke!!" I just said that out loud didn't I?

I turn to see a Ino with even more mischief in her eyes if that's possible. She brings the joint up to her perfect lips and pulls from it for a good 5 seconds before she looks like she's about to cough. Surprisingly, she swallows it down and exhales smoothly. The smoke billows around us.

I raise my eyebrows impressed at my sweet flower. How could I, the screw up, get someone so beautiful and understanding. I'm still reeling off of the fact that she is still with me in this moment. I stare into her eyes as she pulls again and this time lets out a little sputter before narrowing her eyes, "Shika, I'm not playing with you, who did you kill?" I spoke too soon, now I am boiling in the oden pot. She passes the joint to me and i take a long winded hit, letting the smoke fill my lungs and tickle the roof of my mouth.

"Well my flower, at this point it's not just one victim, its multiple," I pause to gauge her reaction. She looks the same and honestly a little unimpressed. I guess my face gave it away but she cleans up quickly, "Shika, I figured you had a murky past when you put your hands on that crazy bitch, though it was warranted due to the circumstances. I can handle whatever you are willing to tell me in this moment with an open mind and heart." I look at her stunned by her beauty inside and out. She just keeps showing me how much she shines earnestly. She's a Buddha. A golden Buddha.