Chapter 17 - Welcome to the Warzone

Hermione's POV:

The first thing I saw out of the debris was Fred's red hair. My eyes were blurry and pain shot through my body.

"HERMIONE!" Fred yelled as he saw me. He sprinted over the rubble, carful not to step on what's left of the walls that covered my body.
"Fred-" I said quietly.
"Shh, Shh, don't talk."

He cleared everything off of me, gingerly lifting me up, bridal style. I ached all over. I became limp in his arms and laid my head on his shoulder. He carried me out of the pile of rubble and into the hallway. As we turned the corner, we heard shouting and spells being cast. George and Kate were bruised and beaten, but they huddled behind a large piece of rock, shooting spells at two dark-siders. I didn't realize why they worked that hard, but then I saw a limp, not moving Caroline laying behind them. She seemed to be knocked out, or worse, dead. Caty came up behind us, nearly pushing Fred over.

"Fred! What happened?" She gasped.
"Long story. Get down!" He snapped.

She crouched down along with Fred as a spell shot just where there heads would be. Fred handed me off to Caty, who to my surprise could hold me, and told her to take me to the "safe spot". He kissed me and told me it would be okay.

"I'll see you soon," He said, smiling.
"Fred, no-" Suddenly, Caty and I were thrown backwards by a spell. She guarded me from the impact of the wall.

Groaning and limping, Caty carried me downstairs and into the kitchen. She kicked her foot against one of the far barrels and watched it slide to the side. She sent me down the slide that was the enter acne into the mystery basement. Caty closed the barrel and slid down after me. I shakily stood up, facing a bunch of trembling first years. The room was abnormally large, with furniture and food. It was like a bigger Hufflepuff common room. The first years looked at me with wide eyes as I stumbled towards an open chair. My vision was dark and blurry. I collapsed in it and the last thing I remember seeing was Caty running towards me creating my name.

When I woke up, I was laying on the floor, two faces huddled over me.

"Caty! Caty! She's coming too!" I heard a voice call out.
"Thank Merlin!" Caty said, leaning over me. "Kate, go check on Caroline please. Abigail, stay here and watch her. Keep her awake."

The blonde girl lifted my head up with her hand. "Hermione? Can you hear me?"
"Yeah," I said, wincing from my headache.
"Good, just keep talking, alright?"

I nodded and started mumbling about Fred. Abby agreed to everything I said as she put a damp washcloth on my forehead. Then, out of the blue, Kate can back with her hair chopped in a pixie cut and purple.

"What-?" I said distantly.
"Oh, heh, well..."
"KATE! Caroline is awake!" Caty yelled.

Kate sprinted across the room to check on Caroline.

In an hour I was up and out of the room. I was back into the battle, whether Caty liked it or not. Caty has always been the healer of our little clan. She came with me though, leaving all the hurt people too Kate, Abigail, and some others. Caty was next to me until we saw George and Fred pinned against the wall. Caty suddenly was replaced by a smokey white wolf, growling at the person. I grabbed my wand and shouted, "STUPEFY!". The person flew backwards and Caty was on him like a flash. That was the first time out of all the times she has tried to become a wolf to finish the whole cycle. She tore him apart. Turning back to human form at ease, she panted.

"Everyone okay?" She asked.

We stared back at her with gaping mouths. I knew about her, but Fred and George didn't.

"Wait..." George started, but was quickly interrupted by a big boom. Caty flinched, while Fred and George didn't move. It came from the great hall, where everyone was.