cнapтer one °

This chapter will be taken place 2 days before Christopher and Royalty arrive on the island.

Kaileah"Have you seen my daughter? She's- This is her-" I pulled the crumbled picture of Royalty and I from out of my wallet and pointed it toward the people walking past

Kaileah
"Have you seen my daughter? She's- This is her-" I pulled the crumbled picture of Royalty and I from out of my wallet and pointed it toward the people walking past. I've been trying to find her for the past year and everyone has the same response. They either ignore me, wave me off, roll their eyes, or runs away from me. One day a man yelled back at me, "Puta que necesita para mantenerse al día con su hijo!" I'm just a desperate mother trying to find her child, I don't even know how she went missing that's the worst part about it. It's so messed up how not even one person on this island has offered me help. They would hate to walk in my shoes.
The ones who shock me the most are the people who has a child or children. It bothers me that my daughter is out there somewhere. I have this feeling that she's still alive, but I don't know where she is or who she is with.

I could care less that I'm broke, jobless, and homeless. My main objective is finding my daughter.

I have no idea how I got here, how old I am and etc. Shit, I don't even remember my fucking real name. I gave myself the name Shannon Luntadilla because I didn't want the islanders here calling me 'nameless'. I just stick with that name for now on. I try my hardest to remember everything, it all is a blur. They only thing that I remember is the memories I have shared with my daughter. When I lost my daughter she was just 3 months. Since, it's been a year, that'll make her a year and 3 months. I pray to god every night that when I find her she'll be healthy and alive.

When, I was in the hospital they didn't tell me how I ended up there, they just informed me about my long term memory lost. They did tell me that observing things I seen before would bring back memories.

I know I've been here for a year and the first day however I lost my daughter. I know in my past years that I lived here. Everything just seems way to familiar to not have been here before. The reasons why I walk around the island is to find places where I may restore my memory and to find Royalty.

×

"Oh mi, tengo que buscar a María! Ven aquí corazón dulce!" A middle aged woman ran toward me. How does she know me?

"Oh my, your mom was worried sick about you! They think you're dead we have to go see them-"

"Quién eres tú?"

"I'm you're Auntie, How come you don't remember?" She grabbed onto my arm and began pulling me in the direction of her car.

"How am I supposed to believe that?" I yanked my arm away from her and stood still. She sighed, spun around and looked at me. "Come here and I'll show you." We walked toward her car, she pulled the passenger side door open and sat down in the seat. In one of the cup holders were a picture.

"Your mom, dad and I went to LA at the last minute to see you give birth to Royalty," She showed me a picture of her, my mom and I. "So now hun, get in so we can take you to your mom!"

×

"What about my dad?" We've been on the road for about 30 minutes and this was the first time someone has spoken .

"Huh?"

"You said you have to take me to my mom- not my mom and dad. So, where is he?"I bounced my leg up and down then folded my hand in my lap.

"Sweety," She sighed and took a quick glance at me. "I'm not the right person to ask. When you see your mom ask her. Okay?"

I nodded my head and leaned it against the window.

I felt my eyes getting heavy and I began to drift off to sleeping.

"Can you say mama?" I questioned a confused Royalty.

"She's only 7 days old." I sucked my teeth as my aunt entered the room.

"It's good if they learn early," She rolled her eyes and handed me Royalty's warm bottles. "Thank you."

"Sorry to break it to you Kai, but she looks just like her dad."
I

I sat Royalty up and began to feed her, "I'm going to act as if you didn't even say that," I looked down at Royalty and smiled. "You look just like me, who ever tells you, you look like your big headed dad look at the dumb. Don't listen to them fools. Okay?" She stopped drinking the bottle and her lips curved into a toothless smile. "I can already tell that you're a mommy's girl! We're going to have so much fun baby." She squealed and reached for my face. I laid her on my shoulder and burped her.

"Can you hold her while I go to the restroom?" My aunt nodded and I handed her Royalty. Half way up the stairs I heard her beginning to cry.

"I got it, go handle your business."

×

"Daddy's home!" I heard a man yell from downstairs. Royalty squealed loud and began to giggle. I washed my hands and dried them. I made my way down the stairs-

"Come on we're here Kai." I looked at my aunt then at the nice two story home we were at.

Childhood memories came flooding through my head of me, my, mom and dad. I held my palms against my temples.

"Are you okay? Kai-" I held my finger up for her to quiet down.

"Yeah- I-I'm fine. I just got a headache. But, what were you about to call me?" I squinted my eyes at her as she took the keys out of the engine.

"Kaileah.. That's your name, right?"

"Kaileah? No, I mean I'm not sure." My aunt gazed at me for a few seconds then laughed.

"What's so funny? I can't remember everything. All I know is I have a daughter named Royalty and that I suffer from long term memory lost," I was growing irritated and you could tell by the tone of my voice. "Shoot, I don't even know if you're my real aunt! I don't know! And for you to sit here and laugh at me makes me really livid!" I took a deep breath and got out the car. I sat down on the ground and put my head in my hands.

"Look, Kai- what do you want me to call you?"

"Shannon. Just call me Shannon until I can restore the rest of my memory."

"Okay, Shannon. I'm sorry for laughing at you-"

"Qué es toda esta conmoción- Kaileah?!"

"Is that my mother?" I whispered to my aunt.

"Yes it is."

Anyone confused?

Kaileah in the multimedia

Questions?
Comments?
Opinions?

The first chapter how was it? Did you like it?
I high key think it could be better.

But, this is only the beginning 🙃.