chapter three

Kaileah"Christopher, What the hell!" I grabbed his arm but he quickly snatched back

Kaileah
"Christopher, What the hell!" I grabbed his arm but he quickly snatched back.

"Baby chill out you always yelling when I get home, just leave." He slurred .

"No Christopher I'm staying right here, why are you always drunk! You never come home sober!"

"Leave Kaileah, don't let me have to tell you twice." He pointed toward the door but I stood in the same spot I was before and crossed my arms under my chest.

"What is it Christopher, honestly. I haven't done anything to you." He looked at me and smirked. "Are you drinking because I'm pregnant?! You were down for this 4 months ago, What has changed Christopher!" I tear slid down my face. I quickly wiped it because I didn't want him to see me weak and vulnerable.

"Kaileah get out! Take all that crying from out of my room!" I didn't listen to his commands, which got him even more mad. "DO YOU NOT LISTEN!"

He grabbed be me by my arm my threw me toward the ground, I hit my back on the edge of his desk. I grabbed onto the desk for support to help me up, but he quickly pushed me back down, causing me to hit my back on the table again. I leaned against the table and placed one palm on the spot on my back which was hurting. I placed the other palm on my stomach and looked up at Christopher. "Okay, OKAY. I'm sorry! Just stop, please don't hurt our baby. I'll leave, I swear I will." I croaked out.

"Do you think, I care about that thing?!" He snatched me up and forced me to look at him. "Do you?" He whispered. I ignored his question, snatched my arm away from him and stormed off to my room. Although, it was hard. I made it to me room and locked the door.

I sat back on my bed and began to whisper to the baby. "Your dad is just drunk again, baby. He'll come around one day and appreciate both of us more than he does now." I placed my palm on my belly and began rubbing it . I began humming a song which turned into me singing.

"I need to say sorry, That's the only thing you do when you lose someone. I used to say I'm sorry, for all the stupid shit you've done-"

"KAII!" I ignored Christopher and proceeded singing.

"So now I'm really sorry, sorry for being the apologetic one. But, if I told you again, if I told you again you would think I was crazy-" Christopher began banging on the door but ignored his attempts to get me once again.

"My condolences, I'll shed a tear with your family. I'll open the bottle up, pour a little bit out I your memory-" Christopher burst through the door and ran toward the bed, he pulled me off of it and flipped it over. He hurriedly search for something in my room, messing it up in the process of doing so.

"Kai, where the hell did you hide my alcohol at?!"

"I-I don't have it Christopher..."

"DON'T LIE TO ME!" I shook my head again and then I looked at him pacing around my room.

"If I find out you're lying." He placed his hands on his hips and violently shook his head back and forth. "I'll kill you and that gotdamn baby Kaileah!" I slowly shook my head up and down. "Now clean up the mess Kaileah!" He stormed out of my room but not before slamming the door.

I began singing once again and cleaning up the mess Christopher made. "If you will have me, I'll make you happy." I picked up the cracked picture frame down, a tear slid down my face onto the picture. Before anymore would land on it, I placed it on the nightstand. "Need someone to whom I can belong. Here's my confession, saving it special." I struggled to get the mattress on the bed frame, It put to much pressure on my already aching back . I let out a loud groan when the mattress slipped from my grip. I didn't want to waste my energy, strength and time lifting a bed on the bedframe which equals out to be taller than me so I left it on the ground.

I walked into closet to get my night clothes. I picked my clothes up and limped into the bathroom. I started the water up and stripped . I took a glance at my bruised up arm and when I turned around a large purple mark sat on the middle of my back. I touched it and began crying. I can't take this anymore. I sighed and stepped in the shower. I let out a low screech everytime the water would touch my bruises."Saving it special, hoped it would be you all along.... But, you're still waiting on the moment, breathe is bated. I wish I could hold you, I can't take it. Tell you all my secrets, I'm to faded."

I cut the water off and dried myself off. "Praying that tomorrow I'll be braver. Maybe I can tell you, maybe we can do this. Kisses on my forehead we can fall into it. Love you like the rain that falls much faster." I pulled my nightgown over my body and popped a vitamin in my mouth. I walked down the hallway and peeked into Christophers' trashed room. I seen he wasn't in there so, I walked downstairs to see if his car was in the drive way but thankfully it wasn't .

Shortly after, I heard the sound of a car pulling up which I assumed was a Christopher and as soon as the door unlocked I founded out that my assumption was correct.

Living in a piece of ever after.

*****