chapter seven - crossover

"Have a good day sir," The flight attendant said

"Have a good day sir," The flight attendant said. Before she dismissed me she grabbed my arm and continued on. "Um, if you need a babysitter, I'm available," She looked down at Royalty and pulled her notepad and pen out, wrote her number down and handed it to me. She winked at me; letting me know that she didn't want to babysit, she wanted to baby sit.

I nodded my head, thanked her for her 'kindness' and walked over to baggage claim.

______________________________

"Bienvenida, to Costa Rica. Como esta?" My cab driving said he sounded way to familiar for my liking.

I checked Royalty who was sleeping, like usual. I'll have to wake her up soon, if not she'll be up all night.

"Gracias. Yo soy bien. Y tu?" He glanced at me through the drivers mirror and smirked at me. "Mr.Dean?!" I was shocked to see him after all of these years. He didn't look the same from a couple years back but you began to look different as you grow older.

"Yeah Christopher," He chuckled then smirked."In the flesh and blood."

Abruptly, Royalty began crying, which made me jump a little.

"I'm sorry man, she rarely does this." I pushed her pacifier in her mouth but she threw it out and cried even more louder. I rolled my eyes and picked it up from the ground.

"It's okay, I hate when babies cry. But, this is my granddaughter so I'll mind it. Haven't seen her in a lifetime." I smiled at him and nodded.

"Well, we've reached your destination Mr.Brown. Good luck with that and I'll see you soon." He smiled at me. I squinted my eyes to focus at his teeth, they were painted with crimson liquid that look similar to blood. I closed my eyes and shook my head, I figured that I was just seeing things. But, when I looked back at him, I noticed I wasn't. I didn't know whether to point it out or leave it.

"Y-Yeah have a good day Sir." I rushed out the taxi and grabbed all of Royalty and I's belongings. It was a lot to carry, even with her carseat in my hand, I managed to do it though. I glanced back at the taxi to see if it was in looking distance, it was scary because I only fixed my eyes not to look at it for 2 minutes or so.

I shook my head to get the bad thoughts that were roaming in there.

___________________________

"Roro where are you?" I liked playing these games with my daughter and seeing her smile. Her giggling and babbling gave away where she was, also the big budge in the curtain gave it away.

"I guess she isn't in here." I sighed and waited a couple of seconds to see if she would come out. Instead, she stayed and giggled a little louder. I pulled the curtain open and picked her up as she squealed. I placed her on the bed and tickled her, until my phone rang. Royalty slid off the bed to play with activity walker.

"Waddup?"

"What's allat' noise in the back? You finally got some?" I knew he was smirking threw the phone.

"Hahaha, very funny. It's Royalty." I sarcastically laughed.

"Oh, tell little mama Uncle Alex said hey."

"Ight fool. So what you calling for?"

"My chick man, I think Imma drop her. She's getting way to comfortable. She memorized my number dawg and she's calling me at night." I rolled my eyes and relaxed, getting ready for the bullshit drama he had to spill about his girl.

"What'd she do this time Alex?" I sat down on the corner of my bed.

"Tell me how this girl gone call me talking about, 'can you come get me ? ' " He sucked his teeth.

"And what'd you say? It was some rude stuff, huh?"

He chuckled, "You know it. I told her straight up, how you gonna call me to get you from some jail when you've been ignorin' me? So, I hung up on the chick."

"Alex, get  up and go pick up shorty up, you are dumb rude." I laughed and after a few seconds he joined to.

"The only person rude is her-"

"Says the one who-"

"Ayo folk, shut up." I heard shuffling in the back on his side of the phone which made me raise my eyebrow in suspicion.

"Are you getting ready to pick her up?" Royalty disappeared out my sight, but as soon as I heard a thump and her crying I knew she did something she wasn't suppose to.

"Heck nah," I laughed at his remark and walked over to Royalty. "Tell my niece to stop all that crying, we G's."

"Yeah whatever suh. I'll get back with you."

"Bye Chris." I hung up and focused my attention to Royalty.

"You're going to have to stop jumping off of things. You haven't learned your lesson?" She poked her lip out and rub her side. I pulled her shirt up to see the slightly red bruise on her side, I touched it which didn't help the cause. She just cried even louder then before.

"Okay, okay. I reached in my bag to get the aloe lotion that I carried around for moments like this. I walked back over to her and gently rub the aloe on her side.

"Don't touch it okay?"

Royalty stuck her fingers and her mouth and used her other hand to twist her hair like she always does when she becomes tired.

"Dada." She babbled as she pointed to her blanket that she had thrown on the floor earlier, I picked it up, laid her down and tucked her underneath it. I watched as she drifted off to sleep and sniffled while doing so, giving me the me the opportunity to do more things without needing to monitor her.

____________________________

I glanced out the room window to gaze at the gleaming moon that sat in the night sky. Kaileah loved the moon. She loved it enough to get it tatted on her wrist, with the word Luna next to it. It's also the reason why Royalty's middle name is "luna".

So, after her passing I figured I'd get the sun and sol tatted on my back in remembrance to her, not like Royalty was enough. The sun you may asked, we were complete opposites and to signify that I got that tatted.

Costa Rica was bringing back many memories, but I knew that it would be. It's part of the reasons why I came. I wanted to be reminded of the love we use to have, the good memories not the bad.

*

"Christopher have you ever had fresh pineapples?" Kaileah swung behind the pole, hugged it, then stared at me.

"Now you're stalling." I said bluntly.

"Stalling from what?" She said as she scratched the back of her neck.

"Me meeting your parents, Let's just get it over with," I said as she let out a sigh. "Then we can..."

I grabbed her by the waist and laid my head in the crook of her neck.

"Go home and settle down"