chapter four

WARNING: Mature content ahead.

• • •

{months earlier}

I checked the time on my phone and it read 1:43 am. I silently walked out the front door and locked it. Christopher should be asleep when I get back, I mean I hope he is. Ever since we had sex 3 months ago, I haven't felt like myself. I figured I was just sick and that I wasn't pregnant. I've been convincing myself that I may not be pregnant and that the possibilities of me being it is less likely.

I pulled into a parking spot, I removed the keys and took out a deep breath as I opened the door. I hopped out the truck and made my way to the entrance. I hit the lock button twice on the keypad and entered Walmart. The cold wind blew on me and the bell chimed as I walked into the store. Walmart looked empty compared to other times I would come in here. But, it's nighttime so I understand why it wouldn't be as crowded. I jogged over to the pharmacy where I would be able to find the pregnancy test. I just wanted to get in and out . I was a little bit anxious for the results, that's also apart of the reasons why I'm not taking my time. I picked up 2 Clearblue pregnancy test and proceeded to the checkout aisles. The only aisle open was the 24th , so I strolled down to it.

"Congratulations." The young lady said as I placed the items down, she looked around 18 or 19.

"What do you mean. I don't know i-"

"I do though," She chuckled and rung up the second test. "It would be 23.96."

"Tobi, it is?" She nodded her head. "How do you know?" I handed her a 20 dollar bill and two, 2 dollar bills.

"I just do," She smirked and bagged my items. "I think it's a girl if you ask me."

I laughed and shooed her off, "A Girl? I couldn't even be pregnant."

"But, you are." She smiled and put her nice set of teeth on display.

"Well, Tobi thank you for the information, I kind of don't think I'm ready to be a mom, IF I am pregnant." She rolled her eyes and handed me the change back.

"You're!" She started laughing after she seen my face.

"Hey, is your shift almost over? I wanted to take you out or something."

"Uh, yes. Esence should be coming in for her shift right now."

She closed her station up and began walking over to me.

"I don't really know what is open at this time , besides waffle house and McDonald's."

"Either one's fine by me." I nodded and we walked toward my car.