Chapter 23- Rowan

What the fuck were these girls up to?

I walked briskly towards the restrooms, the carpet slouched as I passed through the passage and as I neared the restrooms, I heard loud ear piercing screams. I turned a right and halted at a horrifying scene unfolding in front of my eyes. Alana was pinned on the floor by the same man from earlier and Nina was trapped towards the wall by another man.

"Rowan!" Alana called out.

As soon as the man turned to me, she punched him in the face and kicked his groin.

That's my girl.

I caught both the men by their collar and hauled them on the floor. They'd be fucking lucky if they survived this. Chez strode over with Minnie clinging to his arms. I caught the man who'd touched my girl and punched him hard.

Once.

Twice.

Thrice.

The fact that they hadn't taken my threat seriously, irked me.

I seized his arm and twisted it until the cracking sound satisfied my ears, grabbed his shirt front and pounded his head on the wall. I heard a loud thud. Every single thud gave me some inner peace. Chez transferred Minnie to Nina and offered me a hand. He took hold of the other guy and pounded him down.

"Daddy, One more punch! One more punch!" Minnie cheered me on.

"You don't fucking mess with me and you don't get away with touching my girl like that." The man had lost all his strength but my fist continued to collide with his jaw, not in a mood to compromise.

"Rowan, stop."

I continued pummelling him senseless. I wasn't going to stop until I'd beat him to pulp.

"Rowan, please."

I couldn't hear her because I'd aimed killing this guy and I was taking no prisoners this time.

"ROWAN STOP! You're scaring me." I heard a strangled sob escape from Alana.

I left the guy and stared into the black orbs that were...

Terrified of me.

"Rowan, I've got this." Chez retrieved the phone out of his pocket, "my friend will take care of it."

"You friend is the godfather?" I heard Nina ask him.

There were tears glistening in Alana's eyes as she inched closer, "Are you alright, baby?"

Alana seemed bewildered, frozen in her place; she wasn't spouting insults or yelling at me which was my cue to realize she was scared, I pulled her closer, nestling her cheek to my chest. I traced her hair slowly, "what's wrong baby? Did he hurt you? Talk to me."

She sobbed, "I was so scared."

I hugged her tighter, "Come on, let's go home."

***

I led the girls outside, while Chez informed the manager about the incident. I'd just crossed the road when Chez called out to me, "Rowan, we need to have a chat."

I opened the car door to the Rover; letting Alana settle inside, "I'll be back in a second, okay? I'm right here." She nodded, wiping her soaked face. When I was sure both my girls were comfortable, I made my way back to Chez's car.

"I saw those guys walk out of the restaurant after you threatened them then how the hell did they get their hands on the girls?" Chez asked me shifting uncomfortably from one foot to the other.