Chapter 49

Alana

It was pitch black and there were hardly any people in the movie theatre. My attention was not on the screen, because I was more preoccupied by the strong hands that were tracing circles on my thigh. Rowan wasn't a PDA guy, but he had told me that today he would do what I wanted and I wanted a cliché date.

Rowan kissed my mouth open and delved deeper until I moaned. The movie forgotten. I tried to unbutton the top of his shirt but he grasped my hand, and said. "Not now, baby."

I pouted. He placed feather light kisses below my earlobe and it tickled.

I giggled. "Stop it, Rowan. You're missing out on the movie."

"You're the only interesting part of this movie." He took my hand in his and kissed the back of my hand. "It's like high school all over again."

I frowned at him. "So you've done this in high school with someone else?"

"God, I just missed teasing you." He laughed, then he said. "I was never a romantic baby, not until you. I swear I've never done this before."

"I'll take your word on it." I said. Although I knew too well that Rowan had never been innocent. He may have been serious about Lauren, but he was no saint in high school.

Rowan's phone buzzed. He reached for it reluctantly, grimaced at the screen and started putting it back in his pocket but I snatched it from his hands. It's just been a few days since I agreed to date him again, and I was already an insecure girlfriend. When your boyfriend happens to be a fashion model and has a unique ability of getting panties wet with just a look from him, than any girl is bound to become jealous.

The text was from someone called Viktoria. I wondered if it was the famous supermodel Vikoria Antonova. The stick thin, tall, blonde model that was a show stopper for well-known brands. It infuriated me. The text read:

Hey sweetheart. Haven't heard from you since our last shoot. Hansen gave me your number and told me that you wouldn't be shooting for a while, but he also mentioned that your next shoot will be during September in Paris. Coincidentally, I'm having a shoot in Paris during that time. We need to talk. This is my number, call me. 😘

xoxo❤️❤️❤️

Rowan kissed my bare shoulder but I pulled away. Rejection and worry was written over his face. "Baby?"

I handed him the popcorn bucket and his phone as I stood up to leave.

"Alana!" I heard Rowan call me.

The end credits were already rolling on the screen. I made my way through the theatre aisle towards the exit because I knew if I said something, there would be a fight and I wanted to avoid it at all costs. Rowan was on his feet, following me right behind.

I reached his car and refused to look at him. Jealously was a powerful emotion that made every rational thought seem unreal. It made your blood boil with unnecessary thoughts. I'd never really been so jealous after I'd been with Rowan, mostly because I'd never realized how easy it was to lose him.

I felt his figure tower over me, regarding me with those intense eyes. "What's wrong, Alana?"

I refused to look at him, ashamed to admit that I was fucking jealous.

"I want to go home." I said.

He turned me around to face him, my back pressing against the passenger side of the door. "Sofia said that communication is the key to a successful relationship especially in my case, communication is a must. I need you to tell me why you are angry."