Chapter 15

I woke up late in the morning, I had decided to skip through the day but then again, I remembered how Rowan had sacrificed his job to avoid my expulsion. That was enough to get me dressed in fifteen minutes. I pulled on a baby pink woolen t-shirt over blue denims, grabbed for my books, all ready to head down towards the dorm mess, that's when I heard a soft knock on the door.

I opened it only a crack, and noticed a young guy standing there with a large beige teddy bear in his hands. He smiled warmly at me, "Alana Hayes?"

"That's me." I nodded, folding my hands across my chest.

"This is for you, ma'am." The guy pushed the large bear into my arms along with a white lacy card.

"Who is this from?"                            

"Ma'am, the card."

Silly me. "Thanks."

I closed the door behind me and sat the stuffed bear on the empty table, as I settled on the edge of the bed, opening the lacy card that had come along with it. It was written in beautiful loopy cursives, which would probably win the award for handwriting contest in school.

Dear Alana,

   Consider this as my apology gift for what happened yesterday. You deserve so much more than this, and I wish to give you all the happiness you deserve. Thank you for making me a part of yourself. Thank you for giving me another chance. Nothings else matters anymore.

I love you baby.

Yours always,

Rowan.

A smile crossed my lips, bad mood be damned. I hugged the bear tight, wishing it would remain this way forever.

 I had downed almost two large mugs of black coffee, but that didn't stop my eyes from becoming droopy. I jogged out of the hostel gate. I froze when my eyes locked on the tall figure, watching me with curious eyes.

 Rowan stood leaning against the wall, he waved at me as I made my way towards him. He was dressed in a navy blue tee-shirt and casual dark denims. His smile was lascivious, showcasing those beautiful dimples I noticed once in a blue moon, but his expression quickly changed to worry when his eyes travelled to the band-aid on my palm.

"Hey."

"Hey" he had the distant look he'd worn yesterday, the 'I'm-good-for-nothing' look. "How are you feeling this morning?"

Dammit. He stood so tall, he must be some 6'3 or something and I was 5'3.

Yeah, I know. Pathetic to say the least.

All thanks to my large sized sandals, I managed to reach his shoulders.

"I'm fine." I assured him, "I received your wonderful gift and the card. I love it. Thank you, Rowan."

"Thank you baby." He kissed my temple, and took my hand in his. "for sticking around, for handling the crazy me."

"You're not crazy, and we are putting on a show." I reminded him. All those Gossip club members were boring holes into us and boiling with jealousy. Some even greeted Rowan with a 'Good Morning Mr. Masters' which I tell you, is the height of idiocy, like they weren't aware of the situation.

Fucking Pretenders.

"So what?" his lips grazed my cheek, as he reached to carry my books. "I'm no longer faculty; I'm only the beautiful Alana Hayes boyfriend."