Chapter 55

I Don't Wanna Live Forever - Zayn, Taylor Swift

****

Rowan

My morning started out as usual, with Elsa trying to get my ear off. She wouldn't stop barking until I took her out for a morning walk. It was a Saturday and I was feeling lazy as usual because Minnie had no school and that meant I didn't have to wake up early to make lunches and drop her to school. One more hour of sleep.

    I tried to ignore Elsa's barks when I heard the doorbell. I opened an eyes and sneaked a glance at the clock. It was nine am. The doorbell continued to torture my ears. I reminded myself to tell the idiot of a security guard to not allow anyone upstairs without informing me beforehand.

   I pulled myself out of the bed reluctantly and made my way towards the door. When I checked the screen, I saw Alana. I quickly opened the door, didn't want to hear my girlfriend whine about making her wait.

   Alana stood in the doorway, she was wearing a blue top over black skinny jeans. Her hair pulled back in a messy bun, a few loose tendrils of hair grazing her face. I rubbed my eyes and  looked closely. I had to be hallucinating in broad daylight to see her carrying two handbags.

   I began racking my brain. Had I possibly promised her a trip last night that I somehow forgot about? That wasn't possible. It could only happen in the Hangover movies.

    "Hey babe." I mumbled, still half asleep.

     "Good Morning, baby." She said, her voice cheerful than usual.

      As usual she bulldozed her way inside the house, followed by Chez who was carrying a large cartoon of...I had no idea what the hell that was.

    "Where do you want me to keep this, Rowan?" Chez asked me.

     I pointed at the open space near the couch. "What's in it?"

    "Alana's stuff."

     I looked at Alana. "I don't understand."

     Elsa was barking in the background. Two men in uniforms who I assumed were movers brought in two more cartoons. "That's it." the thin guy declared.

    "Alana what about your furniture?" Chez asked her as she began ripping the tape off the box.

    "There's just the bed and the dresser left, someone contacted me from Craigslist. They will pick it up this afternoon. Can you handle it?" She asked, removing a silver box of what I assumed was her makeup.

    The two were carrying on the conversation like I wasn't even in the room, like this wasn't even my house.

   What was happening? Had I walked into another dimension? Why was Alana unpacking her stuff in my house?

   "Can someone please tell me what is going on here?" I asked.

    "Rowan, you asked me if I could move in with you..." Alana said.

    "Yeah. I remember asking you that and getting turned down."

   "I hope that offer still stands because I changed my mind." Her smile broke into a mischievous grin.

    Alana was telling me she was moving in with me. That meant more time together, movie marathons on the couch, waking up next to her in bed and of course regular sex. I was definitely dreaming.

    I turned to Chez. "Punch me. I don't believe this."

    Chez laughed. "Think again, Mr. Masters. Maybe you want to change your mind. I don't think anyone would be able to handle living with her under one roof. For starters, Alana's cooking sucks."