Show Biz

Steve had come to the hospital after being shot.

A nurse was dressing his wound, walking past Bree toward the door, walking out, leaving.

"Had enough excitement for day?" Bree asked

Steve took out the last vial of serum that Gregg had taken. "I got this before he could take it back to... Who knows?"

"It wouldn't be of much use."Bree said. "It took several vials of the serum to change you, and the Vita-Rays. The only thing the last vial of this serum could be useful for is somehow finding a way to replicate it, but that would take years."

Steve stood. "It's not the last vial."

"What?" Bree asked

"Dr. Erskine told me that he made more," Steve said. "He just didn't tell me where it was."

Peggy walked in. "Because that is classified information."

We're assuming that you know," Bree said.

Peggy smiled a small smile.

Steve sighed. "He deserved more than this."

"Everyone deserves more than this." Bree said.

Steve looked at Peggy. "What's Hydra?"

Peggy was surprised he knew the name. "What?"

"That's the last thing that Gregg Clemson said," Steve said. "Hail Hydra."

"Hydra is a Nazi-deep science division," Peggy answered. "It's led by Johann Schmidt. But he has much bigger ambitions. Hydra's practically a cult. They worship Schmidt. They think he's invincible. I have my orders that the Colonel and I will be boarding a plane with Howard Stark and take the fight to Hydra, orders from the President himself. We leave for London tonight."

"If you're going after Schmidt, I want in." Steve said.

"Phillip suggest otherwise," Peggy said. "I'm sorry Steve. His orders are for you to stay here." She looked from Bree to Steve. "Goodbye."

Brandt walked in "With all due respect to the Colonel, I think he may be missing the point. I've seen you in action, Steve. More importantly, the country's seen it." He took out a newspaper,holding it up for him to see. "Paper." The front page was an article about Steve taking on Gregg, with a picture of Steve holding up a car door. "The enlistment lines have been around the block since your picture hit the news stands. You don't take a soldier, a symbol like that, and hide him in a lab. You want to serve your country? On the most important battlefield of war? Something the three of you can do, actually."

Bree looked at him in surprise.

"Sir, that's all I want," Steve said.

"Count me in," Jen said.

"Then congratulations, Miss Rogers," Brandt said. "You just got hired and your brother promoted."

Steve and Bree were meeting with a stage manager.

Bree were sitting at a table, drawing sketch.

Steve sighed. "I don't know if I can do this."

"Nothing to it," the stage manager said. "Sell a few bonds, bonds buy's bullets. Bullets kill Nazi's, bing, bang, boom. You're American heroes."

"It's just not how I pictured getting there." Steve said.

"The senator's got a lot of pull up on the hill," the stage manager said. "You play ball, with us, you'll be leading your own platoon in no time. He looked at Bree. " How we coming along?"