Recovery

Bree was sitting in a darkened, old shambled abandoned home, listening to a baseball game on the radio without really hearing it, having been crying. She was looking at the picture of Steve, Alison, Bucky and Alec.

Steve and Rachel walked in, looking around the house for his sister until they found her.

Bree saw them, wiping the tears away, sniffing. "Dr. Erskine said that... the serum wouldn't just affect the subject's muscles. It would affect their cells. Create protective system... of regeneration and healing. Which means, um... I can't get drunk." Steve walked closer. "Did you know?"

Steve nodded. "He also told me that my metabolism burns four time faster than the average person." Steve said to them. "He thought it could be one of the side effects. Not just for me. But for of you, too." Bree didn't respond, gazing off. "It wasn't your fault. It wasn't anybody's fault. We did everything we could. I believed in Bucky, Alison and Alec. I respected them. I still do. I can't blame myself. And you can't blame yourself." Bree let a few more tears slip away. "That was the dignity of their choice. Alison thought I was worth it. Bucky damn well thought you were worth it."

Bree took a moment to gather her voice, wiping her tears away, looking her engagement ring. "I'm going after Schmidt. I'm not going to stop till all of Hydra is dead or captured."

Rachel took Bree's hand. "You won't be alone."

Solider, Peggy and Howard were meeting.

"Johann Schmidt belongs in a bug house." Phillips said. "He thinks he's a god and he's willing to blow up half of the world to prove it. Starting with the USA."

"Schmidt's working with powers beyond out capabilities." Howard said. "He gets across the Atlantic. He'll wipe out the entire eastern seaboard in an hour.

"How much time we got?" Steve asked.

"According to Dr. Zola, 24 hours." Phillips answered.

"Where is he now?" Soldier 1 asked.

Phillips pointed at the map. "Hydra's last base is here. In Alps, 500 below surface."

"So, what are we supposed to do?" Soldier 3 asked. "It's not like we can just know on the front door."

"Why not?" Bree asked. They looked at her. "That's exactly what we're going to do."

Steve and Bree were suited up, riding motorcycles down the road.

Hydra agents started to follow on motorcycles.

Steve followed Bree on his bike to protect them and himself with the shield that was placed over his back.

The Hydra agents started to shoot their blue blast guns.

The shield received most of the blue blasts.

Two Hydra agents drover faster, past Steve, to drive on either side of Bree and Rachel.

Bree used the hood of her staff to slack Hydra Agent 1's tires, making him crash into a tree, using her other arm to throw the staff's hook into Hydra Agent 2's tire, making it explode, making the bike crash into a boulder. She continued to drive, holding her electromagnetic gloved hand to bring the staff into her hand.

Rachel shot a wire into two threes that took out the others behind them.

Two Hydra agents drove toward them from ahead.

Bree tossed a bomb onto their bikes. Bree and Steve hurried past, looking back as the bombs exploded behind them.

A tank drove toward them from ahead.