Train

It was the next morning, nearly the of meeting with Howard and Peggy.

Steve was in a military uniform, walking through headquarters toward a blonde woman. "Excuse me. I'm looking for Mr. Stark."

The blonde woman was busy reading a newspaper. "He's in with Colonel Phillips." She looked up, noticing who Steve was. "Of course, you're welcome to wait." Steve took a seat at a nearby table. The blonde woman turned to face him in her seat, holding up her newspaper to show him. "I read about what you did."

Steve nodded. "Oh, the... yeah. Well, that's, you know... Just doing what needed to be done."

"Sounded like more than that." The woman said. "You saved nearly 400 people."

Steve looked at her awkwardly, innocently not noticing that she was flirting with him. "Really, it's not a big deal."

The woman stood. "Tell that to their wives."

"Uh, I don't think they were all married." Steve said.

The woman walked closer seductively. "You're a hero."

"Well, that depends on the definition, really." Steve said to her awkwardly, uncomfortably, scratching his head.

The woman took a hold of his tie. "The women of America, they owe you their thanks." She pulled Steve back into a corner by his tie. "and seeing as they're not here..."

The woman pulled Steve into a kiss, wrapping her arms around his neck.

Steve was completely surprised, unwrapping her arms from around him, pulling away. "Uh... you can't do that."

Rachel was in a uniform, walking around a bookshelf to see them. "I have a girlfriend. A fiance, actually. And you can't do that."

Rachel realized what was going on, hurt and angry, putting her hands on her hips. "Steve." Steve turned to Rachel innocently, hoping that she had seen that he wasn't open to it. "They're ready for you, if you're not otherwise occupied."

Rachel walked away down the hall.

Steve followed her. "Rachel, wait. It's not what you thought it was."

"I don't think anything, Steve." Rachel said. "Not one thing. Always wanted to be a soldier, and now you are. Just like all the rest."

"No, no, no, no." Steve said. "She came onto me." He grabbed her arm to stop her. "Rachel, please. You have to believe me."

Rachel turned to him. "So just because she was the one who was forward, it makes it okay?"

"No, that's not what I'm saying." Steve said. "I'm sorry."

Rachel didn't answer. "We're going to be late."

Rachel walked away, leaving.

Steve watched her go, looking sad.

Howard was showing Bree, Alison and Steve weapons, all three them who were wearing their military uniforms. He pointed to at the shield. "Carbon polymer. Should withstand your average German bayonet. Although, Hydra's not going to attack you with a pocket knife." He tapped on Steve's former shield. "I hear you're, uh, kinda attached."

"It's handier than you might think." Steve said.

"I took the liberty of coming up with some options." Howard said. He picked up a gold staff with a hook at the type, almost like a spear. "This one's fun. She's being fitted with electrical relays, so that even if you two hit your target, you two can send them reeling." He took the staff apart. "It's a tow-piece, in case you're in an uneven fight, you can still take them on." Bree took the staff pieces of the staff curiously, putting it back together. "Though, were still working on throwing techniques. There's still a few difficulties."