Love and Lost

The soldiers were standing on a mountain above a railroad track that was heading out over the mountains. There was a wire going from the mountain to the train tracks.

A soldier looked through binoculars, turning to the others.

Soldier 4 listening to the radio, the voices on which were in German.

Alec, Alison and Rachel looked at Steve. "Remember when we made you ride the Cyclone on Coney Island?"

Steve nodded. "Yeah, and I threw up."

"This isn't pay back, is it?" Rachel asked.

"Now, why would I do that?" Steve asked sarcastically.

Bucky and Bree smiled.

Soldier 4 looked at Bree. "You were right, Doctor Zola is on the train. Hydra dispatcher gave him permission to open up the throttle. Wherever he's going, they must need him bad." The soldier with the binoculars saw the train coming. "Let get going because they're moving like the devil."

Bree put the hook of her staff over the wire so she could slide down by holding onto the staffs. "We only got about a ten second window. You miss that, window? We're bugs on a windshield."

"Mind the gap." Soldier 2 said.

"Gotta get moving bugs." Bucky said.

"Now." Steve said.

Bree swung down the line by her staff, down to the train.

Alison followed them three seconds later.

Steve followed her three seconds later.

Alec followed him three seconds later.

Bucky followed him three seconds later.

Soldier 1 followed after that.

They each landed on the train in turn, making their way across the roof toward th ladder on the side, each finding an entrance.

Bucky, Alison and Alec were in one room, walking along.

Soldier 1 was in one room, walking along.

Steve and Bree were in another room. They found the door between them and Bucky, Alison, and Alec's room.

"All clear." Alec said.

The door between them suddenly closed.

A Hydra agent walked in toward Bree and Steve, firing the blue energy bolts toward them.

They ducked behind a shelf.

Dr. Zola was giving commands from the front of the train. "Stop them."

Three Nazi soldiers were in Bucky, Alison and Alec's room, firing toward them.

Bucky, Alison, and Alec took cover, firing toward their enemies with automatics.

The Hydra agent fired the blue bolts toward Steve and Bree, walking closer.

Steve and Bree were still taking cover, waiting for him to get close enough to jump up from their hiding place, using the hooks of their staffs to glide down the pipe in the ceiling, kicking the Hydra agent with enough strength to make him fall, slashing the hooks into the armor of the uniform, tearing it down.

Alison, Bucky and Alec continued to shoot from where they their for cover.

The Nazi soldiers approached them

They all continued to shoot.

Bree picked up the blue blast gun, shooting the locked door, tearing it all the way through the other side.

Bucky, Alison and Alec continued to fire.

Steve ran inside through the broken door, pushing a military bed into the Nazis, making them fall.

Bucky, Alison and Alec stepped out of their cover, shooting the Nazi dead.

Rachel looked at Steve. "We had him on the ropes."

"I know you did." Steve said.

Bree ran in. "Get down!"

A Hydra solider followed them in, shooting a blue blast toward them.

Bucky and Alec ducked.

Steve used his shield to save both himself and Rachel.

The blast tore off the train wall.

Dr. Zola gave the orders from the front of the train. "Fire again. Kill them now!"

The Hydra agent fired toward Bucky, Alec and Bree.

Bree grabbed Bucky and Alec, rolling them out of the way, making the blast tear through the floor. They all stood.

Bree and Steve stood ready to fight the Hydra agent, with the staff and shield held ready. The Hydra shot toward them repeatedly. Bree was able to duck and dodged each one. Steve was also able to use his shield to protect themselves, using it to hit the Hydra agent in the head. Bree kicked him back toward the cart.

The Hydra agent pushed the cart toward a still-recovering Bucky and Alec, making them fall out of the train.

Bree looked toward the broken train wall. "Bucky! Alec!"

Bucky and Alec were outside of the train, clinging onto the wall to stay above the mountain cliff underneath them.

Alison ran to the broken wall, looking outside. She looked at Bree and Steve. "They're out there!"

Alison looked outside, steadying herself to get out there to bring Bucky and Alec back in.

Bree, Rachel and Steve turned to the Hydra agent furiously, fighting him to buy Alison enough time to save Bucky and Alec.

Alison climbed out onto the wall of the train, clinging to the wall to stay on, reaching toward Bucky and Alec. "Hang on!" Bucky and Alec tried to reach her, but the was a difference at level. "Grab my hand."

Steve used the shield to hit the Hydra agent in the head, kicking him in the legs.

The Hydra agent raised the gun to shoot them.

Bree used her staff to push up against the gun, aiming it at the ceiling to fire the blast through the ceiling instead of them, disintegrating the point of impact.

Steve used his shield to hit the gun out of his hands, making it fall.

Bree spun the staff to hit the Hydra agent in the head, making him fall.

A blue blast shot against the wall of the train behind them, the wall that Bucky, Rachel and Alec were clinging onto, disintegrating it.

Bree and Steve gaped, knowing what would happen, in denial, horrified.

"Alison?" Steve said.

"Bucky, Alec!" Bree said, running closer.

Alec, Alison and Bucky no longer had anything to hold onto, falling screaming toward the ground. "No!"

Steve was horrified and disconcerted.

Bree were in agonizing pain.

Rachel started crying.

The one that had shot the wall and caused Alec, Alison and Bucky to fall was standing behind Steve and Bree. It was Dr. Zola. He aimed the blue blast gun at them.

Soldier 1 came up behind Zola, hitting him over the head with his gun, making him fall unconscious.

Bree couldn't look away from the mountain cliff below.

Steve pulled Bree away from the broken wall. Bree turned to face him starting to cry. Steve pulled them into his arms. Bree returned the embrace numbly without realizing they had.