Chapter 1

Intro

Hades glared at me. His eyes were on fire. I felt death near. I prayed for someone to help me. Anyone. 

"You ignorant, worthless demigod. No one cares for you Aella, and they have every right not to. No one loves you. No one will save you. Why? Because you betrayed them!" He screamed. 

I felt the tears rolling down my face, but I couldn't feel anything. No emotions. Hades slapped me across my face. It felt like death. But to my horror it wasn't. I looked up and saw Hades raise his staff above my head.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~'

My mother was only 17 when she had me. Still in high school. All through my life instead of being my grandparents pride and joy, I was an utter disappointment. My grandparents were proud, wealthy, and snobs. And before I was born, they were raising my mom to be like that too.

My mom, Natasha, was beautiful and a gifted poet. She even had a scholarship to Yale.  Then I came along. I know what you're thinking, that the society in which my family was involved in must have shunned my mother and I. That didn't happen. Only I was shunned. My mom even went to Yale. Leaving me behind with my grandparents.

When they started taking me out to social events people asked if I was their daughter. They had to tell them, that I was granddaughter. Then they would get the looks from the other snobs that they were the disappointment. After doing this too often, they stopped taking me places. Leaving me alone with my nanny.

Thankfully my nanny, Catherine, was a nice and wonderful woman. She was my real mother for the first couple years of my life. She treated me like I was her own, and stopped me from becoming a snob like the rest of the people around me. My first word was mama. I said it to her. My real mom wasn't even there to see it. Natasha was out partying at college. She even skipped most opportunities to come and see me. 

When I was old enough to start asking questions, I always asked where my dad was. Catherine didn't know. She had only even met Natasha a few time before. When I asked my grandparents they got this scared look on their faces, and told me to go away and stop asking such questions.

After Natasha came back home from college, she fired Catherine thinking that since she was my mom, she could raise me. But after I kept asking her for Catherine and she finally realized she couldn't look after a young kid, she rehired and kept her until now.

Natasha and I were never close, though when I did ask her about my father, unlike my grandparents she got a look of love on her face. She told me he was wonderful, beautiful, but vain. I asked her for her name, and she laughed. 

"Aella, why do you want to know everything. It's not like he cares for you. Or me." Then she would walk off. Leaving me hanging.

When I got older, I grew apart from my family. The sad part was that they were relieved. I was the black sheep of the family.  When I turned 13, they all started to get scared of me. When I would get angry they all winced like they thought I was going to explode them or something. I used this to my advantage.