Chapter 5

• Dedicado a Maroon 5 and Ellie Goulding My Music Muse's As I Write

Welcome to San Antonio!

The sign read as I passed it. It was about 7 p.m. and we had just gotten there. There had been a few speed bumps along the way in Texas. Josh had gotten sick, we had a flat tire, and a monster or two popped up. 

"We're here!!" we all cried! Josh's face was sticking to the window looking at all the sights. 

"I guess we should probably talk about what we're going to do when we get down there..." said Melina. 

I nodded, "Are we going to steal something? Like Pershpone's flowers? Or what?"

"Sure! I mean, doesn't seem too dangerous. What else is there?" Phoenix said. 

"I don't know guys." Melina said as she slumped down in her chair.

"What do you mean you don't know, Melina?!" snapped Phoenix.

"I mean I don't know if we should steal it. I mean technically speaking she is my sister. And my mom's favorite. So wouldn't that just put me at the bottom of my mom's like list?" Melina said with tears forming in her eyes.

"She has a point Phoenix." I said as I drove into the Alamo's parking lot. It was just starting to close and people were walking out to their cars to go to their homes or hotels. We waited in the car.

"Melina, do you want to meet your mom?" asked Phoenix.

"Yea,  but I could have months ago, seeing how many huge monsters we have killed." 

"But you didn't. Why?" 

"Because, because, I, I wanted to make her proud." she whispered. 

"That's right. You can go right now! Go see your mom! And be like every other child of the gods. Nothing special. Take Josh with you for all I care. But me and Aella, we're going to make our parents proud!" he yelled. Josh started crying slightly. Melina started to hug him.

"I don't know Phoenix... I want to make my dad proud. But if it means that Melina can't make her mom proud, it just doesn't seem fair. Can't we find something else to do? It just seems dangerous." I said looking at  him in the eyes. Well sunglasses.

"And you're  backing out now?! Right as we are in the parking lot? A hundred feet away? Why? Why!"

"Because I just now thought it through. It's too dangerous. Way too dangerous for a 7 year old." I whispered the last part.

"You know, it isn't all about you guys. I'm going to go down there and make my dad proud." he said as he climbed out of the car. He slammed the car behind him. We watched him as we saw him stomping his way to the Alamo.

"We shouldn't let him go alone." Melina said.

"I know. But what if we go down there and steal the flowers and it makes your mom mad?"

She sighed, "It may. But it may not."

"Well I'm going after him!" said Josh as he ran after Phoenix.

"JOSH!" we both yelled and we went after him.

We finally found him and Phoenix standing in an old doorway that led to another room. We stopped. It just looked like another doorway leading into the next room.

"Umm... what are you doing?" I asked.

Phoenix turned towards me. "This is the entrance." Melina and I looked at each other. Was he going crazy? It just led to another old room.

"Are you sure?" Josh asked.

"Positive. Follow me." he said as he stepped into the doorway.

He vanished.