Chapter 2

I looked at the young girl's face. She was smiling, a look of joy upon her face. Did she call me niece? She couldn't be my aunt! I was at least 3 years older than her! She could tell that I was confused.

"You do not know yet?" she asked as her eyebrows furrowed.

"I don't know what yet?" I responded. The other girls around the camp area started to whisper. They just stared at me.I could feel my cheeks reddening, and tears starting to build. The girl saw my tears.

"Hunters! Stop! Can't you see you are worrying our guest! Layla! Go get some food and bring it into my tent for my niece. And bring new clothes too, hers are torn." Her voice thundered. I didn't know someone so young could have such a powerful voice. The girls started to scramble and went back to their various jobs. 

"Let me help you up." she said as she pulled me off the ground with one arm. She had crazy strength for such a small girl. I followed her into the large tent.

From the outside you would have just thought it was a normal family size tent, but inside it was amazing. There were at least 2 different rooms, and a main room in the center. In the main room was an old wooden desk(but still beautiful), and a leather chair in the middle. There were pictures surrounding the room. The pictures seemed to date as far back as when the first camera was invinted. In every picture was that same young girl.

She saw me staring at them with wonder and confusing eyes.

"Aella, do you know my name?" She asked as she sat down at the desk.

"No and how do you know mine?" I replied sitting down in the leather couch. It was worn, but comfortable.

She laughed, "I know all the names of my family." She smiled, and unlike most girls her age she didn't have braces. Her teeth were perfect and white. 

I smiled back, "Yea, about that. How are we even family? How are you my aunt? I'm older than you."

"Oh no, I am much older than you. It seems like no one has told you anything. Not even your mother?"

" My mom and I never really had a heart to heart."

"Ah, well, I never did like her. No offense."

"None taken, she isn't my favorite person in the world. Not by a long shot."

She laughed. "Well anyways, you know the myths of the Greek gods?" I nodded. What was she getting at here? "Aella, they are  not myths. They are real. And I am one. So is your father." 

She gave me a moment to let this sink in. For some reason I didn't question it. But I was confused. How could a Greek god be my father?

"Wait, if you're a Greek god then who are you?" I whispered.

"Take a guess." I thought about my surroundings. Tons of girls. Hunters. 

"You're Artemis?" I gasped. 

"Yes, I am Artemis, and the girls out there are my hunters."

"Wow. This is something. Why didn't my mom tell me?! Is there like some law that prohibits them from talking about the gods or something?" I asked.

Artemis sighed. "There is no law. In fact most mortal parents tell their demigod child about their godly parent."

Stupid mom. Didn't tell me anything. Not even the most important thing in my whole life. Then I realized something. I still didn't know who my dad was. 

"You still haven't put two and two together?" Artemis asked as if she was reading my mind.

I shook my head.