Chapter 3

• Dedicated to To My Naoma!

I looked at the three half-bloods. There were two boys and a girl. They all seemed to be around my age except the younger boy, who looked about 7.

The girl had blond, curly hair with violet colored eyes. She seemed to have flowers growing all around her, even though it was fall in Washington. She smiled at all of us.

The younger boy had light brown hair and small brown eyes. He looked confused, worried and lost. I just wanted to run over to him and hug him.

The older boy who was obviously the leader of the group and black hair, and had sunglasses on to hide his eyes. He had dark clothes on, but wasn't goth. Kind of cute.

They looked at us curiously. Then the younger boy came forward, looked at the dead furies left over ashes, then his eyes looked up to Artemis. "She deserved it, my lady." The girl rolled her eyes and the leader slapped him on the head. He stepped forward.

"I'm sorry Lady Artemis, for my young friend's foolish words. Do you mind if we and my group stays with your Hunters for the night? Me and the idiot will sleep farther away from your Hunters." He said. He obviously knew what he was doing and that made me respect him. 

Artemis thought this through in her head. She spoke using her scary voice, only it was less scary, "You may but if I see you two anywhere near my tents past nine, I will curse you to the depths of Hades? Is that clear?" 

The younger boy gulped and nodded hastily, while the older one just nodded slightly. 

"We will set up camp here for the night. Ladies set up camp please." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

During dinner, I sat with the other demigods.

They all kind of stared at me like I was a freak. Not them too!

"Why is a Hunter sitting with us?" asked the youngest.

"Why don't you ask her that Josh?" the girl said like she was his mother.

"Why are you sitting with us? I thought Hunter's didn't like boys to be near them."

"Oh, I'm not a Hunter. I'm a demigod too." I said as I swallowed my chicken. They looked at me differently now. Like I was one of them. The older guy just stared at me. Well I think he was staring at me. I couldn't tell because he was still wearing his sunglasses even though it was dark out.

"Guys! We haven't introduced ourselves yet! I'm Melina.The young one is Josh, and that is Phoenix." Melina smiled. 

"Phoenix? That's a cool name! What does it mean?" I asked curiously.

"Blood red." he hissed. I gasped. Melina sighed.

"He's just like that at the beginning. He gets nicer. But what can I say? His dad is Ares." said Melina sadly.

"Oh. Well. That makes sense. Who are your guy's parents?" I asked to Melina and Josh. Josh started to speak, but Melina spoke for him.

"My mom is Demeter, and we don't know who Josh's parents are. He was given up for adoption as an infant." Melina said as she looked at Josh. He was just a little kid. Fragile as I can get out.

"Then how do you know he's a half-blood?" I said.

"Because he attracted monsters like no other." Phoenix said as he looked up from sharpening his blade. We finished our dinner chit-chatting. Melina grew up in Hawaii, and always knew her mom was Demeter, because her dad, a garden architect, always told her about the goddess. Melina set out a year ago to find a monster, and ended up finding Phoenix instead.