~ 7 ~

Olivia p.o.v.

In the middle of the night I wake up, I just had a nightmare and I relived the rape all over again. I decide to go to the kitchen and get some water. I try to make as less noise as I can. I grab a glass of water and sit down on the couch in the living room. After a little more than a minute I hear someone walking down the stairs.

"Daddy?" I hear someone asking as he comes into the room. I immediately recognize the voice as Eli's.

"No Eli it's me Livvi."

He sits down next to me on the couch. "Why are you not sleeping?" He asks with a sleepy voice.

"I just couldn't sleep. Why are you not in bed?" I ask.

"I heard someone go downstairs and I couldn't sleep either."

"Do you think it would help if I tucked you in?" I asked him.

A huge smile appeared on his face and he nodded.

"Okay come on." I picked him up and he laid his head on my shoulder. I brought him to his room and put him in bed I put the covers over him and kissed him on his forehead.

"Night Eli." I get up to leave but he stops me. "Livvi? Can I ask you a question?" "Of course you can." I sit back down.

"Why are you sad? I don't like it when you're sad." I swallow the lump in my throat. I did not expect this question. "Sometimes things happen that make people sad, but I'm going to try to get happy again okay?"

He nods. "I love you Livvi."

"I love you to Eli." I say to him and then I leave the room. I look at him one more time before I close the door and go to the guest room. I sit down on the bed and smile to myself. Eli is such a sweet boy. I just wish I had kids. That's one thing I always wanted. But like the adopting agency said, I'm not fit to be a mother. Still thinking about everything I fall asleep.

Elliot p.o.v.

I wake up the next morning due to Eli jumping on my bed.

"Daddy, daddy wake up! I'm hungry!"

"Hey Bud, I guess I'll have to feed you then."

A huge smile appears on his face as he jumps off the bed again to go downstairs. I put some sweats on and a t-shirt and then I go downstairs to. As I enter the living room I see all my kids sitting on the couch.

"Hey guys, why are you guys all up so early?"

"Sit down dad." Maureen says. "We have to talk to you about something."

I get a little nervous, they all have a serious look on their faces except for Eli who's too busy watching TV. I sit down in the armchair next to the couch and take a deep breath. "What's going on?" I ask them.

Kathleen takes a deep breath and starts talking. "We know something is wrong with Olivia, even though we don't know what exactly, and we know she's going through a hard time so we decided we wanted to surprise her if that's okay with you."

I'm surprised by their proposal but I think it would be a good idea to go out and have some fun. "What do you have in mind?" I ask.

"Well..."

They explain their whole plan to me and I agree with it. Now I have to go upstairs and wake Liv. The kids are making breakfast for their selves and Eli.

I stand in front of the guest room. I knock on the door softly. "Liv?" No response. "Liv?" Again no response. I open the door just a little so I can peek in. I see Liv laying on the bed, still sound asleep. I walk into the room and sit down on the bed. She stirs a bit but doesn't wake up. I touch her shoulder lightly. "Liv honey, it's time to wake up." Her eyes flutter open and I smile at her. "Good Morning." "Good morning." She answers groggily. "You should get dressed and get downstairs, the kids have a surprise for you." I tell her as I leave the room.

Olivia p.o.v.

A surprise? For me? What could that be? I wonder as I get out of bed to get dressed. When I'm ready to go I go downstairs. I smile when I walk into the living room. The kids and Elliot are laughing hysterically about something. It doesn't take long before they notice me. Maureen gets up. "Okay everyone, coats on, you know the plan." Then she grabs my hand and together we follow the rest. We both put our coats on too.

"Where are we going?" I ask. Elliot walks towards me while the kids get into the car already. "It's a surprise Liv, just let it happen." He says and then he gives me a kiss on my forehead. I immediately get a little warm inside. He then leads me to the car.

After half an hour of driving we stop at a gas station to get some drinks and something to eat. Then we go back to the car. I wonder where we are going but I don't ask anyone about it. I try to just enjoy the view and relax a bit. From the corner of my eye I see Elliot taking a quick glance at me and then he puts a hand on my thigh. I smile to myself, for the first time in more than a week I feel happy again.

Hello everyone,

Thank you all for reading my story. I'll try my best to update more regularly. I love to get reviews and comments from you guys!

X