Rose Pt. 2

Rose's alarm blared at 7:30, "There's no point in getting up, sweetheart." Jackie shouted from the other room "You've got no job to go to," Rose huffed as she laid back down in bed.

.............................................................................................................................

"There's Finch's." Jackie told her as she came to the kitchen table "You could try them. They've always got jobs,"

"Oh, great." Rose muttered sarcastically "The butchers,"

"Well, it might do you good. That shop was giving you airs and graces. And I'm not joking about compensation. You've had genuine shock and trauma. Arianna got 2,000 quid off the council just because the old man behind the desk said she looked Greek!" Rose looked at her confused "I know she is Greek, but that's not the point. It was a valid claim." something rattled at the door and Rose got up.

"Mum, you're such a liar. I told you to nail that cat flap down. We're going to get strays," she argued

"I did it weeks back!"

"No, you thought about it," she noticed the screws on the floor and the flap move. Rose opened it, revealing a very familiar face, causing her to open the door.

The Doctor straightened up "What're you doing here?"

"I live here,"

"Well, what do you do that for?"

"Because I do. I'm only at home because someone blew up my job,"

"I must have got the wrong signal. You're not plastic, are you?" he tapped her head "No, bonehead." he began to leave "Bye, then."

Rose grabbed his arm "You. Inside. Right now,"

"Who is it?" Jackie called from her bedroom

"It's about last night. He's part of the inquiry. Give us ten minutes,"

Jackie looked at him "She deserves compensation,"

"Oh, we're talking millions," he told her

Jackie stood up and cleared her throat "I'm in my dressing gown,"

"Yes, you are,"

"There's a strange man in my bedroom,"

"Yes, there is,"

"Well, anything could happen,"

The Doctor realized what she was inferring "No," he headed into the living room where Rose was tidying up.

"Don't mind the mess. Do you want a coffee?" she headed into the kitchen

"Might as well, thanks. Just milk,"

As Rose prepared the coffee she talked to him "We should go to the police. Seriously. Both of us,"

The Doctor wasn't paying attention as he looked at the copy of Heat on the coffee table "That won't last," he told himself "he's gay and she's an alien,"

"I'm not blaming you," Rose continued "even if it was just some sort of joke that went wrong,"

The Doctor flicked through a paperback "Hmm. Sad ending,"

"They said on the new they'd found a body,"

He read the mail "Rose Tyler." the Doctor noticed his reflection "Ah, could've been worse. Look at the ears,"

"All the same, he was nice. Nice bloke,"

The Doctor attempted to shuffle a pack of cards "Luck be a lady,"