The Parting of Ways [3]

Tiaalen entered the console room, where Rose, as expected, was throwing a tantrum.

"You can't do this to me." Rose strode over to the console "You can't." she slammed down every available button and lever, yelling in desperation "Take me back! Take me back!" Rose rattled at the controls, but the TARDIS wouldn't budge.

The engines eventually died down and ground to a halt.

Rose abandoned the console, running across the room, flung open the doors, and rushed outside...

Tia slid her hand across the console as her other hand fiddled around with the Kyber Crystal she now wore around her neck, the TARDIS giving off a sad moan. "No matter what he told me, I'll never forget you." Tiaalen walked out of the TARDIS doors and saw Rose leaning against the side in defeat.

Mickey rushed in to view from around a corner at the end of the road and bolted down the street. "I knew it! I was down Clifton Parade, and I heard the engines. I thought, there's only one thing that makes a noise like that." He looked over at Tia once he saw Rose crying "What is it?"

Rose hugged Mickey, in tears.

***

~ Floor 500 ~

"Tia, I've called up the internal laser codes," Jack called out over the comms "There should be a different number on every screen. Can you read them out to me?"

"She's not here," The Doctor admitted.

"Of all the times to take a leak." Jake joked "When she gets back, tell her to read me the codes,"

"She's not coming back,"

Jack became worried "What do you mean? Where'd she go?"

"Just get on with your work,"

"You took them home, didn't you? To Rose's home?" Jack realized.

"Yeah,"

Jack nodded, not at all surprised. "The Delta Wave..." he said, despite knowing their attempt was futile "is it ever gonna be ready?"

"Tell him the truth, Doctor," The Emperor Dalek said.

The Doctor looked up to see an image of the Emperor Dalek projected onto the screen.

"There is every possibility that the Delta Wave could be complete, but no possibility of refining it. The Delta Wave must kill every living thing in its path, with no distinction between Human and Dalek. All things will die. By your hand,"

The Doctor didn't answer.

"Doctor..." Jack warned "the range of this transmitter covers the entire Earth,"

"You would destroy Daleks and Humans together." The Emperor Dalek proclaimed "If I am a God, the creator of all things, then what does that make you, Doctor?"

"There are colonies out there." The Doctor noted "The Human race would survive in some shape or form, but you're the only Daleks in existence. The whole universe is in danger if I let you live." The Doctor looked back at Jack on the other screen. "Do you see, Jack? That's the decision I've got to make for every living thing. Die as a Human or live as a Dalek. What would you do?"

"Tia's safe." Jack nodded "Keep working,"

"But he will exterminate you!" The Emperor Dalek proclaimed.

Jack grinned "Never doubted him, never will,"

The Doctor grinned back and leaped to his feet, energized by Jack's trust. He strode across the room to the screen. "Now, you tell me, God of all Daleks, 'cos there's one thing I never worked out. The words Bad Wolf, spread across time and space. Everywhere, drawing me in. How'd you manage that?"

"I did nothing," Emperor Dalek admitted.

"Oh, come on. There are no secrets now, your worship,"

"They are not part of my design,"

The Doctor stared at the Emperor Dalek baffled.

"This is the Truth of God,"

The Doctor raised his eyes to where Bad Wolf Corporation was written in huge letters high on the wall.

***

~ Earth, Cafe ~

Jackie and Mickey were eating their meals out of polystyrene containers.

Tiaalen was moving her food around with a fork, while Rose wasn't hungry.

"And it's gone upmarket, this place." Jackie spoke, filling the silence amongst the group "They're doing little tubs of coleslaw, now. It's not very nice. It tastes a bit sort of clinical,"

"Have you tried that new pizza place down Minto Road?" Mickey asked.

"What's it selling?"

"Pizza,"

"That's nice. Do they deliver?"

"Yeah,"

"Oh, Tia, quit messing with your food and eat something,"

"Two hundred thousand years in the future, he's dying, and there's nothing I can do," Rose said bitterly.

"Well, like you said two hundred thousand years. It's way off,"

"But it's not." Tiaalen admitted "It's now. That fight is happening right now, and he's fighting for us, for the whole planet," she pushed her container away "and I'm just sitting here eating fries, chips...whatever you call it,"

"Listen to me." Jackie told the girls, but mostly Rose "God knows I have hated that man, but right now, I love him, and do you know why? Because he did the right thing. He sent you back to me,"

"And what about me?" Tiaalen voiced "The Doctor was all I've got after the Empire took control. And Jack...." she shook her head and looked out the window "what am I supposed to do with my life now?" Tiaalen glanced down at the Kyber crystal that hung around her neck "Excuse me," she got up from her seat and hurried out of the cafe.