The End of the World Pt. 1

"Right then, Rose Tyler." The Doctor stated as he, Tiaalen, and Rose stood around the time rotor "Where do you want to go? Backwards or forwards in time. It's your choice. What's it going to be?"

"Forwards,"

"How far?"

"One hundred years," he smirked as he twisted and pulled the multiple switches

"There you go. Step outside those doors, it's the twenty second century,"

"You're kidding,"

"That's a bit boring, though," Tiaalen complained with a smirk

"Do you want to go further?"

"Fine by me," Rose shrugged, the Doctor went around the console once more.

"Ten thousand years in the future. Step outside, it's the year 12005, the new Roman Empire,"

"You think you're so impressive," Tiaalen laughed

"I am so impressive,"

"You wish," she snorted

"Right then, you asked for it. I know exactly where to go."

"Where are we?" Rose questioned once the Doctor stood up smugly "What's out there?" The Doctor only pointed to the door and Rose looked at Tiaalen who only shrugged. Rose went outside the door, the Doctor and Tiaalen following behind. The Doctor used his sonic screwdriver, causing a large shutter to descend revealing an orbital view of the Earth.

"You lot, you spend all your time thinking about dying, like you're going to get killed by eggs or beef or global warming or asteroids. But you never take time to imagine the impossible, that maybe you survive. This is the year five point five slash apple slash twenty six. Five billion years in your future, and this is the day..." he glanced at his wristwatch "Hold on," The sun flared and turned red "This is the day the Sun expands. Welcome to the end of the world,"

.............................................................................................................................

"Shuttles five and six now docking." A computer informed "Guests are reminded that Platform One forbids the use of weapons, teleportation and religion."

Tiaalen looked at the Doctor confused "How can you forbid a religion?"

"Earth Death is scheduled for fifteen thirty nine. Followed by drinks in the Manchester Suite," The trio walked along a corridor

"So, when it says guest, does that mean people?"

"Depends what you mean by people,"

"I mean people. What do you mean?"

"Aliens,"

Tiaalen looked at the Doctor shocked "Doctor..."

"You're fine...just don't..." but Tiaalen ignored him and headed forward

Rose looked at Tiaalen confused but ignored it "What are they doing on board this spaceship? What's it all for?"

"It's not really a spaceship, more like an observation deck. The great and the good are gathering to watch the planet burn," he used his sonic screwdriver on a wall panel

"What for?"

"Fun..."

"Doesn't sound fun to me," Tiaalen proclaimed as she followed the Doctor into the observation gallery.

"Mind you, when I said the great and the good, what I mean is, the rich,"

"But, hold on." Rose stated "They did this once on Newsround Extra. The sun expanding, that takes hundreds of years,"