NINE

NINE

ANNABETH

I smoothed my grey dress out. My boyfriend Percy had asked me out on a date. I wouldn't normally dress up but he had told me to 'keep it fancy'

I walked out of my apartment and waited on the curb, Percy pulled up in his step-dad's car, that somehow hand a hoof print on the hood, I had never questioned it, with Percy's family it was always better not to ask.

I climbed in, Percy was in a suit. "You clean up pretty good Seaweed Brain." I said, as I closed the door.

He started to drive, "I could say the same abut you Wise Girl."

I laughed, "So where are we off to?"

He glanced at me and tapped his nose, "you'll see."

I lost track of the amount of time we were in the car, but when we finally stopped we were on a beach. I climbed out of the car, taking my heels off as I did.

I wasn't really up for wearing heels on a beach. Percy walked around to the back seat and pulled out a basket and blanket.

He carried them in one hand and took my hand in his other. He lead me down towards the water, where he lay out the rug and gestured for me to sit down.

He unloaded the basket. He had a small stereo, some wine, and some sandwiches .

I laughed, "sandwiches? Really Seaweed Brain?"

"Hey, you know I can't cook for my life!" He grinned and poured me a glass of champagne.

"Very true," I agreed.

Percy put a CD in the stereo and a song started to play.

You would not believe your eyes

If ten million fireflies

Lit up the world as I fell asleep

"Do you want to dance Wise Girl?" Percy asked.

"I'd love to," I smiled at him; he climbed clumsily to his feet. Then he stretched out a hand to help me up. I took it.

'Cause they'd fill the open air

And leave tear drops everywhere

You'd think me rude

But I would just stand and stare

I snuggled into Percy's chest; we fitted together perfectly, as usual.

"I love you Annabeth," Percy whispered into my ear.

I'd like to make myself believe

That planet Earth turns slowly

It's hard to say that I'd rather stay awake when I'm asleep

'Cause everything is never as it seems

"I love you too," I told him.

We swayed backwards and forwards, It wasn't really dancing, just bobbing backwards and forwards, but it was perfect.

'Cause I'd get a thousand hugs

From ten thousand lightning bugs

As they tried to teach me how to dance