THIRTEEN

THIRTEEN

Frank

I couldn't help but feel at fault for all of the pain that Annabeth was in. After all the only reason that Percy was gone was because I leaked our location to Jason and Piper. Now I was pretty sure that he would spend the rest of his life in jail.

Me and Hazel were sitting in an alley, whilst Annabeth and Leo went to find some food.

We were just sitting and enjoying eachother's company when my phone started ringing.

I checked the screen and saw Piper's number. I frowned wandering what she wanted.

"I'd better take this," Frank told Hazel, who just nodded and smiled. I pressed accept and clambered to my feet, "what do you want?"

"Where are you? We haven't heard from you in agers," Piper asked, sounding slightly annoyed, "by the way your friend Percy's starts next week."

"I've been busy." Ii answered curtly, "what do you want?"

Piper's voice softened, "I just thought that you'd like to know that your grandmother passed away last night, the nurses said that it was peaceful and painless."

I froze, I couldn't think, my last family was gone, dead. I stared at the brick wall that I was facing, "screw you Piper, screw you, screw Jason and screw your stupid deal, I'm out." At that I hung up the phone.

"What was that?" Hazel asked.

"An old client," I sat back down next to Hazel, "she just told me that my grandmother is dead."

********

Annabeth

I rounded the corner with Leo in tow, we were both holding shopping bags. Hazel and Frank were sat on the floor where me and Leo had left them. Frank looked really down whilst Hazel was trying to comfort him.

"What's the matter Frank?" I set down my bags and crouched down in front of him and Hazel.

Hazel shook her head and mouthed I'll tell you later. I nodded, I glanced at the other three and noticed how down they all looked, I guess I was the same, I hadn't been apart from Percy for this long since the wedding and it was really hurting. I missed him so much, it felt as if I had lost half of my heart.

But I had to stay strong for the others.

"Guys," I said, "I think it's safe to say that we can get off the streets now, I have somewhere we can go."

********

I led them through the streets of Manhattan staying off of the main roads. Finally we came to the apartment building, it wasn't quite as nice as the previous one that we had been to where Sally and Paul had once lived, but it was nice enough.

This was where me and Percy had lived before the wedding.

We stairs up as the elevator was out of order, when we made it to the fourth floor I saw the door, number 16.

The door frame had a cobweb stretched across it, I swatted it away and reached into my pocket to find the key that I had carried with me for the past three years, I unlocked the door.

The apartment still looked like it had three years ago, the small TV sat in the corner with the little sofa in front of it, the kitchen table had magazines on the table, my old laptop sat on the table as well.

The kitchen was clean, all of the pots neatly packed away.

All of this was covered in a layer of dust.

I sighed, "home sweet home."

Hey guys!
How are you???????
Remember to vote, comment and be fabulous!!!
~Em xxx