ELEVEN

ELEVEN

Hazel

I sat on one of the sofas with the TV remote in my hand, I was watching the news.

"So where exactly are we?" Frank asked.

"My mum's old place," Percy looked around, with sadness in his eyes, "It's been a while since we were here."

"Three years," Annabeth frowned, "at least."

"That's how long it's been?" Percy turned to look at Annabeth.

"Yer, time flies eh?" Annabeth smiled sadly.

"It really does," Leo said, "It seems like just yesterday that me and Perce here, were in high school making excuses for why we were skipping class." He laughed, "And now look at us, both wanted criminals."

"How things change," Percy laughed.

Frank

Whilst the others were talking I stood up and walked to the bathroom, I locked the door behind me again.

I pulled out the phone; I hesitated for a moment before calling Piper.

"Hello?" Piper answered.

"Percy's mums," I told her curtly, "we're at Percy's mum's old apartment."

"We're already on our way," I could feel Piper grinning over the phone.

I hung up the phone and flushed the toilet, and then I ran the taps and dried off my hands. I exited the bathroom to see all four of the others sprawled out on the sofas laughing their heads off.

"What's so funny?" I asked as I walked out of the room.

"Oh nothing," Percy said, trying to keep a straight face, "just Leo being a complete idiot."

I sat down on an armchair and joined in the discussion.

I couldn't help but regret ratting them out, but I had no choice, Jason and Piper didn't realise what they were doing, but they were dangling the life of my grandmother above my head.

Hazel

We were sitting on the sofa when Percy ran in from the fire escape.

"Guys we have to go, like now," He said, sounding stressed, "the cops, they're here, everyone out!"

He herded everyone out onto the fire escape.

Just before he could climb out after all of us the door burst open and cops poured into the room.

I glanced over my shoulder and saw Percy being hand cuffed by an all too familiar face.

I pressed myself against the wall, praying that they wouldn't think to check the fire escape.

The other three had all climbed down and were dropping down onto the street. But I was frozen, I had just seen my best friend Piper McLean hand cuffing my new friend Percy Jackson.

"Hazel!" Annabeth hissed.

"Coming!" I hissed back.

I walked towards the ladder, keeping out of sight from the window. I climbed down the ladder, silently dropping down onto the street.

"Where's Percy?" Annabeth asked.

"It's too late," I told her, stunned, "they've got him."

Annabeth only showed emotion for a split second, and then she went into robot mode, "we need to get the hell out of here." She led us off of the street and into a back alley.

"Where are we going to go?" Leo asked.

"We're going to my place." Annabeth told us.

Hey guys!!!!!!! So this is the last chapter of part 1.
Part 2 might take a while for me to publish as I prewrote all of part 1 and I've hardly written any of part 2.
See you soon!!
Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx