FOURTEEN

FOURTEEN

Percy

"Jackson," Jason growled, "your trial is in a few days, there's no way that you're getting off spot free, but if you tell us where Chase is then they might go easy on you."

"I don't care, for starters I don't even know where she is and even if I did I wouldn't give her up," I frowned at the two, "when are you going to get it into your heads, I love her and would do anything to protect her."

"Well you're obviously not going to give us any information on Chase," Piper said, sounding a lot more calm and collected, "tell us about your wedding."

I grimaced and leaned back in my chair, swinging on the legs. "It would be my pleasure."

"Go on," Piper prompted me after a moment of silence.

"Well, it was like a normal wedding to start off with; I was waiting at the altar, Annabeth walked out, her father passed her to me, and then all hell broke loose and gunshots started, we dove out of the way and I was knocked out. I woke up and everyone was dead apart from me and Annabeth," I choked up a bit thinking about all of my friends and family, Grover, Juniper, my mum, Paul, all of them were dead because of me. "I came round and saw Annabeth. There was a gun next to me, so I picked it up and that was when the police busted in, so we ran."

Jason and Piper were completely speechless.

Jason

"We can't know that he's telling the truth," I insisted. "He could just be a really good liar."

"Jason," Piper put her hands on her hips and looked at me with a skeptical look, "he might be good, but he's not that good. No one can lie that well."

"Really, are you sure of that?" I raised an eyebrow towards her.

"Jason, my dad is an actor, I know acting when I see it," Piper said slightly forcefully.

"Okay," I finally accepted that he might be telling the truth, "but how on earth are we going to convince anyone else of that?"

"I really don't know," Piper looked through the glass that separated us and Percy, who sat in the room, leaning on the table examining his hands. "All I know is that he doesn't deserve to rot in jail for the rest of his life."

"But whoever framed him and Chase does deserve to rot in jail," I followed her gaze. "Did no one bother looking into the case more?"

"They tried, remember?!" Piper insisted. "There were no other prints on the guns and no one was on the CCT apart from the staff and the wedding party."

"This is so frustrating!" I hit my fist to the glass, causing Percy to jump and look our way, despite not being able to see us Percy grinned and waved towards us. "We have no other leads and his word against the belief that every person in America has had for the last three years!"

"We're pretty stuffed, aren't we?" Piper looked at me.

"Yep."

Hey humans!!!! Here's chapter 14 for y'all!
Remember to vote, comment and check out my other books!!
~Em xx