TWELVE

TWELVE

Jason

"YOU'RE going to crack sooner or later," I put my elbows on the table that sat in between me and Perseus Jackson, we had been going back and forth questioning him for the past week since we had caught him, and so far he had denied everything.

"Oh believe me, I could sit here all day," Percy replied. He seemed relaxed, too relaxed, it made me uncomfortable.

He grinned and lent back in his chair, swinging on the legs. 

"Just tell us where Annabeth Chase is!" Piper slammed her hands down on the table, seeming to lose her patience.

"I will tell you what I did before," Percy rolled his eyes, "I don't know!"

"Well if you won't tell us that, then please tell us, what made you kill your entire wedding party?" I asked, trying to keep my cool.

This question seemed to strike a chord with Percy, his face dropped his trade mark smirk, and his eyes darkened, "we didn't do it."

"That's a lie," Piper said as she took a seat, "when the police arrived you and Annabeth Chase were at the alter holding guns, these two guns were the ones that fired the bullets. These two guns you dropped when you ran, the only traces of DNA that we found were yours and your fiancée's."

"I can promise you that it wasn't us." Percy seemed to be very agitated by this conversation.

"Any promise that you can make will be trumped by hard evidence in court." Piper said, triumphantly.

"But if they really want to have the truth, then they'll check my story and see that it's true," Percy glared at Piper, who glared straight back.

I slammed my hands down on the table in frustration, "We're done here," I said, "We're taking you back to the holding cell."

********

I looked up from the piles of paperwork on my desk. We had relocated to one of the New York precincts for the duration of the case, which was the same place that Percy was being held until his upcoming court case.

I was determined that we would find Annabeth before the trial; I knew that Frank would try his best to help us, but I could already tell that he resented the fact that he had to help us. To be honest I wasn't sure why he was still helping us, did we have some leverage over him that we didn't know about?

As always the Jackson-Chase case confused all of us.

HAZEL

We had been roaming the back alleys of Manhattan for the past week, Annabeth refused to take us to our final destination until she was sure that the police had calmed down the search for us.

We had been sleeping in dustbins and doorways, over the past week me and Frank had talked a lot, he was really nice, he was a lot more sensitive than I had originally thought. He had told me about how his grandmother was unwell, he had confessed to me that he never really wanted to get on the wrong side of the law, it just sort of happened, he got friendly with the wrong people whilst he was in high school, they got him into drug dealing and it just spiralled out of control from there.

It turn I had told him about my mother dying when I was young and leaving me to be raised by my father along with my two half siblings Nico and Bianca,

I explained to how Bianca developed leukaemia and passed away two years ago, I told him how my father had abandoned me and Nico after Bianca's death, I also went into more depth (than I ever had done with anyone) about my rocky relationship with my brother and his many different run ins with the law.

For some reason I trusted this Chinese-Canadian Baby faced boy more than I ever had anyone else.