2: Can't Get a Break

Ellie's POV

I ran.

I ran and ran and ran until my legs finally buckled. It didn't hurt though. My body was numb.

A sob racked my body as I curled up into a ball with my head resting on my knees.

What the fuck is wrong with these people?!

Why did he have to choose me? Why did I have to be Samuel and Grace Kourt's daughter? Why did I have to be apart of the Royal Moon pack? I didn't ask for this!

My sobs soon turn into soft sniffling as I stare out into the forest. I frown slightly as I realize where I am.

Rogue territory.

"Are you fucking kidding me," I whisper angrily to myself.

"I kid you not " my wolf snickers. I growl making her shut up.

My eyes water again as tears fall down my already raw cheeks. I bury my head back into my knees.

"How could I be so stupid," I mumble to myself.

My head snaps up as I hear a branch snap from the left of me. A huge gray wolf appears in front on me, as well as a smaller blonde wolf.

They both radiate with power but my eyes are drawn to the big, gray wolf.

It came closer until the gray wolf was right in front of my face. My wide eyes stared back into a pair of golden orbs.

Still mesmerized, I gingerly stick my hand out to touch the huge wolf

The blonde wolf behind it growls making me jump and scoot further away. The gray wolf turns around and growls back at the blonde wolf.

I frown slightly, looking curiously at the two.

Was the gray wolf protecting me?

The two shift and change into the shorts that were in their mouths. My eyes widen as two built men stalk towards me.

They stop a few feet away from me but I still scoot further back. I squirm under the intense gaze of the man in front. His black hair and dark blue eyes make my heart leap into my throat and my wolf pace around.

"What's your name?" He asks and walks closer to me. My breath hitches in my throat as I sniff his scent.

Mate

"Elaine..." I say softly. He nods and squats down to my level. My eyes momentarily shift back to the other guy, he narrows his eyes at me and crosses his arms over his built chest.

"Paxton, let the others know to keep going. Go with them. I'll meet with the group later," The man in front of me says, his eyes never leaving mine.

"Are you sure?" Paxton says while giving me a once over.

"Go," He says in a stern tone. An alpha tone.

Paxton nods before going behind a tree and shifting, then running away.

"So... Elaine," He says. I shiver as my name rolls off his tongue effortlessly.

"What are you doing out here alone in that beautiful gown?" He asks, his eyes look down at my dress before looking back into my grayish blue eyes.

"I-I.... What's your name?" I blurt out like the idiot I am. He tilts his head at me before replying.

"Greyson. Greyson Banks," He says.

My eyes widen in horror.

You've got to be fucking kidding me. Can I not get a break!

"What?" He asks with his eyebrows furrowed.

"What," I say with wide eyes.

"You asked why you can't get a break?" He says, the frown never leaving his face.

"No I didn't," I say quickly and fumble to my feet. He stands to his full height, easily towering over me by at least a foot.

"Yes, you did," He says and steps closer to me. I step back and scrunch up my dress into fists.

"No, this can't be happening," I say and begin to turn and run back to my pack, "You can't be my mate." I whisper before turning and running into a full sprint.

****************************

Greyson's POV

My eyes widen as she runs away from me.

Do I go after her? Why did she run from me?

I groan and roughly grab at my hair.

"Have you finished scouting?" I ask through my packs mind link.

"Yes. We are heading back now. What did you do about that girl?" Paxton asks.

"Nothing. I'll meet you back at the pack house," I cut off the link and shift into my wolf, shredding my shorts.

I don't care though, that is the least of my worries.

All I can think about is those gray, bloodshot eyes. Her perfect brown hair and flawless skin. I longed for her and the further I ran away from her, the more the ache in my chest grew.

God why did she have to run? How the hell am I going to find her now?

I growl and let out a painful howl before sprinting back to my pack.

I will find you Elaine, you can run but you can't hide.

*****************************

Sorry for the short chapter! I plan on taking my time with this story and not rushing anything like my previous stories. As a writer I am constantly growing and maturing in my writing style and I hope that with this story I can really show it.

Also check out my sneak peak of: Please Stay

<3M