5: Masquerade Ball

Ellie's POV

I slowly open the door to my brother's room as the twins creep behind me.

Quinn and I stand on one side of Noah's bed while Hudson stands on the other.

"One, two, three," I mouth.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUBBY!!!" We scream. Quinn and I spray silly string at him while Hudson jumps on top of him.

He groans but laughs at our crazy antics.

"You guys are so annoying," He chuckles but sits up and throws the silly string off him.

"Happy birthday bubby," Quinn smiles and hugs Noah. He smiles and squeezes her back.

"Thanks Quinny," He says, "and thank you guys for spraying me with silly string and bruising my ribs."

"No problem squirt," I smirk and l lightly flick his forehead.

"Anytime," Hudson winks and hops off the bed.

"K now get out so I can shower and clean this up," He laughs lightly pushing us out the door.

"Alright, alright we're going!" I chuckle as we all cram through his door. I walk downstairs and into the kitchen, following the sound of my parents laughter.

"Sam stop!" My mom squeals. I walk in but quickly dodge the flying pancake mix as it splatters behind me.

"What the!" I shriek and turn back to see my parents covered in flour and pancake mix.

"We are making pancakes," Mom blushes as my dad wraps his arms around her from behind.

"You do know that the pancake mix has to actually go in the pan right?" Hudson smirks and hops onto the bar stool.

"I know how to make pancakes smartass," My dad chuckles.

"Sam! No language," Mom scolds and goes back to making more pancakes.

"Ya! We don't teach children that kinda shitty language!" Aunt Tessa yells as she struts into the kitchen with Sterling, JJ, and Uncle Jeremy trailing behind her.

"Oh fuck off T," My mom chuckles to herself as she slides a huge platter of pancakes onto the island counter top.

I quickly dive in and grab 5 pancakes while the others fight for them.

"Hey what about me..." Noah says sadly as we all munch on our pancakes.

"Snooze you lose big brother," Quinn says with a mouthful of food.

"You are disgusting," Sterling cringes.

"And you are still single," She smirks back.

"Damn! Since when did 12 year olds become so salty!" He frowns and plops onto the stool next to me.

"Since when did you let 12 year olds roast you! I thought I raised you better!" Aunt Tessa yells with a faint smile on her face.

"K, ya, but the bigger issue here is that I didn't get any food!" Noah whines.

"Here bubby," Mom chirps and slides a plate of pancakes in front of him.

Quinn quickly snatches one and shoves it in her mouth.

"Quinn!" Noah shouts in disbelief.

She just shrugs and skips towards the stairs. I laugh quietly and shake my head at those two.

"Chop chop! Hurry up! We have a ball to set up and god knows how long this is gonna take!" Tessa yells and shoos the boys away to their tux fitting.