6: Welcome to the Family

Ellie's POV

"What is your favorite color?" Greyson asks as he continues to caress my hand. For the past 20 minutes Greyson and I have been sitting on my porch asking each other random questions.

"Mmm black," I smile. He quirks his brow and looks at me with a face.

"Black?"

"Yes black. Why?" I ask him with a smile. He breathlessly laughs and shakes his head in amusement.

"I thought you would say pink or purple," He looks back at me, his eyes shining.

"Thats so stereotypical," I snort.

"Classy," He chuckles, making me roll my eyes.

He wraps his arm around my shoulder and pulls me gently against his warm body. I lean my head against his shoulder and draw mindless patterns on his knee.

Our heads snap up at the sound of footsteps walking up the front porch.

"So this is where you ran off to?" My mom says as she crosses her arms over her chest. Hudson and Quinn both glance at us before shrugging and dragging themselves inside.

"And who are you and why are you touching my daughter?" My dad growls as he glares at Greyson. Greyson growls back and stands in front of me.

"Greyson it's okay," My voice is calm as I stand next to him and put my hand on his shoulder. He looks down at me before taking a deep breath and looking back at my father.

"Greyson?" Mom says with wide eyes, "Greyson Banks?"

She takes a noticed step behind my father, fear and curiosity evident in her eyes. My heart plummets at her reaction. I didn't even think about what my parents would say about Greyson and me.

"Yes I am Greyson Banks, Alpha of the Black Peak Pack," His voice orotund.

"You've got to be shitting me," Mom mumbles to herself. I take step to the side of Greyson and intertwine our hands.

"Mom, Dad, Greyson and I are mates," I say softly and look down at our hands.

"No shit."

We all turn and see Noah shuffle up the front porch. His eyes droop with disappointment and fatigue making me frown.

"Well super glad you found your mate sis, but I'm super tired so I'm heading up to bed. Good to meet ya dude," Noah waves tiredly and walks into the house.

"Why don't we continue this discussion inside," My dad says through clenched teeth. We all walk into the living room, mom and dad on the love seat while I sit next to Greyson on the couch.

"So when did you two meet?" Mom asks hesitantly.

"We met a few days ago, the night of the dinner with Alpha Holt. I ran into him in the forest but I... I ran away from him. And then while I was dancing with Landon tonight, he just kinda showed up," I shrug and look up at Greyson. He gives me a small smile and squeezes my hand gently.

"Why didn't you tell us you met your mate earlier?" Dad frowns at me.

My body stiffens at his question. I already now the answer, I just don't think a certain someone is going to like it.

I take a deep breath and continue to look down, "At first I didn't want a mate. And then I didn't want Greyson Banks to be my mate. You both told me stories. But now... I don't know what to believe, all I know is that I want to give Greyson a chance to prove those stories wrong, and I hope you will do the same," My voice is strong as I look up at my parents, lifting my chin up confidently.