Chapter 2

Beth's POV

We arrive at the airport an hour before my flight. "Don't forget to call when you arrive at Japan honey" mom says, of course mom i said as I hugged her and my friends then we bid goodbye. So this is the feeling of leaving your loved ones but hey I'm leaving for good and I promise that I will be back soon. I now entered the plane and sat on my assigned sit I feel my eyes becoming heavy so I just decided to take nap. "It's been a pleasure serving you today. We hope you have an enjoyable stay here in Japan. Good afternoon and goodbye". I was awaken by the word of the flight attendant and what? I slept the whole flight? I was on my way out when I see a tall guy holding a paper with my name written on it Ms. Beth Martin and to my surprise he is Clark Handson the guy who interview me. My heart keeps beating so fast I don't even believe what I'm looking at, questions flooding my mind. Why is it that he's waiting for me OMG is it? No it can't be. Then Sir Clark call my name "Ms Beth" Then I came near him and ask him why? before I could continue speaking he suddenly hug me I tried to push him but he's too strong I can't do anything but to let him. Sir I can't breathe I said then that was the time he unwrapped his arm around me then ask "How was your flight Beth?" It's fine sir I answer "Let's go" he commanded. What? just like that after hugging me without saying a word he just left? Ah yeah before I forgot he is not a japanese but he is an Australian I did some research about him and their company. Their company was named "Han Builders" it sounds Chinese but the Han was taken from the first three letter of their family name. Their company keeps on building skyscrapers, bridges trying to connect the islands in Japan and roads it is run by his father Mr Jacob Handson with the age of 54 and planning to retire soon he had a son and a daughter I tried to do some research for their daughters photo but i can't find any. They migrated at japan 40 years ago and started their business, at first it wasn't doing well but because of his father's entrepreneurial skill he manages to make his business a multi-billion dollar company. "Beth get in the car" Clark said then i just follow what he said. We are now inside his car and I can't believe i am sitting inside a Bugatti Veyron the car seat is covered with black leather. I think Mr Handson had seen my expression cause he ask "is it your first time riding a car like this?" I blushed a little bit but I answered honestly then he laughed. Oh my I can't believe he can laugh like that a while back he is super serious and it seems gonna eat a person alive now was laughing ooh really. Then I ask him Sir why did you hug me at the airport? "Ah, you remind me of something that's why" he answered. Now that i've heard his reason I can now remove the thoughts that maybe he was inlove with me haha of course who won't be, he hugged me without saying a word and ugghhh stop thinking about the hug. Ugh yeah my problem is that I keep on speaking with myself whenever I am bothered, the car came to stop I look outside the window and we are infront of a 5 star hotel with its wall pure glass. "Miss Martin this will be the place where you will stay" Sir Handson said then he carry my baggage inside the hotel I follow after him and said to him Sir I can't afford to pay this hotel can I just go to the other hotel which I can afford? "Beth don't worry about it I am just taking responsibility of my employees okay?" He said with care in his voice I can't believe what he said so I just follow him from behind. We now went to the counter and he ask for a key to the lady then the lady give it to him without any question then I asked him do you know the lady? How come she just give to you the key without asking? Are you two in a relationship? "What?! Are you kidding me? This building was owned by my family so I was known here" He said. Sorry Sir for my ignorance I apologize to him but he keeps on smiling how come I was not able to think about it. He is the heir of a multi-billion dollar company and I am wondering how come they have a hotel 'cause according to my research they only do construction work. Hmmm maybe I was not able to read the whole article about them.

Clark's POV

I can't believe i am standing here in the airport waiting for Beth. When I first see her I thought I was just my imagination but it's really happening Beth looks like my younger sister Anna. Anna died one year ago because of a car accident when she and her friend went drinking at a bar. According to the investigation and testimony of her friend Lyka, she and Anna were just drinking at the counter when a drunk man approaches Anna and suddenly hugs her, because of the thoughts that was bothering her she slapped the man and insulted him while she was still nagging, the man pick up his phone and called someone. He tried to talk to Anna but she refuse the bouncer came and let the man go. Because of what happen Anna tried to drink more tequila, Lyka was stopping her but she can't so she just let her. Lyka drove Anna's car but because she was a little bit drunk she accelerated the car but when she tried to step on the break it didn't work. They bump with a ten wheeler truck Anna didn't make it her friend survive but needed surgery. Brandon was the reason of the accident because he called someone and instructed to cut the break of Anna's car. I didn't know how he knew my sister but according to the investigation he is a business man and a son of a politician but who cares. Because of the power of their family the case took 6 months but we still won the case, he is now in jail and imprison for 20 years I don't know if my sister would forgive me I know that i hurt her feelings that's why she'd been drinking.

After Anna's death my father tried to forget her by working at the company nonstop as well as my mom. Seeing my parents like that hurt me the most but I tried my best to be strong I help my dad at the company as the Vice President. I tried to convince my dad to retire but he said that I am still young to handle the company I am already 27 but dad see me as a young man and needs support but what can I do I am the only child left to them so I must follow what they wanted. While we were having a dinner I can't help my self from telling my parents about Beth. For the first time after Anna's death i've seen my parents smile and are exited to see her and likewise I feel exited too to see her. In the airport i didn't expect myself from hugging her, from her head to her toe she was like my sister they have same height and skinny too. I know I shocked her but I don't know what will be her reaction when I tell her that she looks like my sister maybe I could tell her in the right time.

When we were in front of the hotel i keep on smiling at her because she reacts like a kid she was so much amazed about the view and the place. I was shocked with her words in the lobby of the hotel about the receptionist. She was so much like my sister straight forward with her words and funny. When the elevator door opens Beth was the first one to get out running towards the window and said "wow sir this building is amazing, it has the view of the city" with her amazement she took out her phone inside her pocket and took selfies I keep on smiling on her then suddenly she came and drag me and said "sir smile" after taking picture she then browse the pictures she took and can't stop laughing then she ask "Sir what's your name in facebook i'll tag you" without hesitation I tell her my account name. Wow I can't believe you just took selfie with your boss Beth, "Sorry sir I just can't help myself because of the beauty of these place, and you enjoy it anyways" I keep on smiling because it seems we're getting along. I drag her baggage inside the room while she is still taking photos then I called her, she came and she was again amazed about the view inside her room. Of course I avail the room with great view it's wall was pure glass, it has a terrace with a pool and it's the most expensive suit in the hotel. "Sir really? This is where will i stay?" She ask. Don't you like it? Then we should go down if it doesn't fit your taste "No!, its not like that sir, I just can't believe i am staying in an exclusive suit here in Japan. Are all of your employee living here?" She ask while roaming like a kid. Uhh nope I said "Then why is it that I'm staying here? Is this a special treat for your employee?" she ask with giggle. Yes and because you just remind me of an important person. Beth you have 10 minutes to prepare we'll be going somewhere no more questions I said. I look at her I wish I still had my sister with me if I didn't ruin her relationship with my friend then she's still here, I am sorry Anna I promise to give back this time, promise.

What does Clark mean by saying giving back? Where are they going? Will he let his parents meet Beth? And what did he mean when he says he ruin the relationship of her sister and his friend? Follow the journey of Beth in Japan what will happen in her first day? Vote comment and subscribe. Thank you for reading :)