Chapter 4

Beth's POV

        I was awaken by the alarm clock beside me as I sit,  I can feel pain all over my body ughh I wish I could have one more day to rest but I can't. I owe Clark a lot and I will return his kindness by being a productive employee. As I open the curtain, I was still astonished by the view of this city. I am having my breakfast while checking on my emails and social media, I post some of my photos on Instagram, not after a minute my sister commented and I remember that I forgot calling mom ughhh because of my excitement I even forgot to call her. Hello, mom? "Yes honey? how are you i've been waiting for your call yesterday" the voice in the other line says. I am sorry mom it's just we're busy yesterday. "Busy? With whom?" mom ask. With brother I mean my boss fetches me yesterday at the airport and mom can you believe, he provided me a place to stay and it's an exclusive suit here in Japan. Our conversation took 20 minutes, mom I wish I could converse with you more but I need to go, I'll call you other time okay? then I bid goodbye. I started to arrange my bag when I was in the lobby of the building I remember I don't know the direction where my work place is. I tried to search it by google map and it leads me infront of a large buildings ugghh theres a lot. I look at my watch and wow i am already late for thirty minutes great! How annoying it's my first day of work. Excuse me sir where is this building? I ask a young guy and I think in his middle 20's. He's wearing a brown coat, white t-shirt and a jeans well it fits his slim body. "This building is in front of you, can't you see the sign the HAN BUILDERS?" he said while he point his hand toward the sign on top of the entrance of the building, Thank you I said then he just nodded with a grin and I find him weird but I think he's friendly.

           I was panting when I reached the vice president's office, I am sorry Bro I said as i enter the office. "Why are you late?" he ask, How can't I be late? I was super tired yesterday I just reason 'cause I don't want to tell what happen a while back and I won't forget what you did to me yesterday night I added while I sit on the couch. "Well it's not my fault" He said smirking He call someone on the phone and after a second a female in her early 40's came "follow me she said". Can't I take a rest? I ask "Wow you want rest while in fact you are late for 40 minutes? Would you like to be fired?" Clark said. No I am just kidding Sir I will go now! I said as I raise my voice.I snob Clark and follow the lady. "Hi I am Mary Lambert" she said introducing herself. I was nervous to start my job right now 'cause I don't know what does a QA QC engineer do, because all I learn in school is Trigo, Algebra, Strength, Dynamics, Physics, Drawing ugh there's a lot but what will I do specifically? "Miss Martin?" Mrs Lambert call "Don"t worry dear your first day here is to understand your job I'll coach you for a week okay?" she said. Okay thank you for being good to me and you can just call me Beth I response. "Okay, This will be your office" said Mrs Lambert, are you kidding me? I said to her. "No I am not" she answer. I was stun because the room was kinda big  i can't believe I do have an office like this and the view was amazing.

             I wasn't able to notice the time 'cause there's a lot of thing to do in the office, it's already time for lunch and I don't know anyone all I know is Clark so I went to his office. Hey Bro I am hungry I said to Clark as I open the door. Their eyes were towards me, I thought he is alone but wait there is a guy wearing a brown coat sitting on the couch. Hi there I said to the guy but wait he looks so familiar then I remember that he is the guy whom I ask direction. "So Clark I didn't know you have a sibling" he said "but she didn't know .. " before he could continue I run to him and hug to stop him and whisper to his ears to keep quiet. As I remove my arm around him I look at him, he's cheeks were red with a wide eye. Thank you mister I said to him then Clark said "Forgive my sister 'cause she is a psycho" he said while laughing. What are you talking about I am not a psycho I shout at him. Bro i am hungry I added. "Well then I am finished reading the report so let's go have lunch" he said then I wrap my hand around his arm "what are you doing?" Clark asks Nothing I am holding you, you could have been eaten by the eyes around us I said with a grin then he just smile. As I look at the man behind us it seems like he was gonna bite me then I just stick my tongue out to him. It seems like I am having a good day today LOL.

              We arrive at a fancy restaurant took our seat and ordered food, these two guys were talking about business well I don't mind them as long as I eat. We ordered steak but my lunch is special steak with sushi and other Japanese dishes I love to eat these foods but I was thinking to leave first because of what happen yesterday it's not that I didn't want to pay but I'm in a crisis right now HEHE. "Beth I forgot to introduce to you my friend Akio Hama he's a civil engineer". Clark said then Akio said his greetings to me which I did not expect. Nice to meet you Akio I am a Civil engineer too I said. "Hey were all Engineers here" said Clark we all laugh as the food arrive.Great timing, Let's eat I said then I started to slice the steak. "I can't believe you can eat all of that" Akio said "Yup she eat's like a pig" Clark interrupted, Nah am just enjoying the food I said with a pout. We finished the food and went out I am grateful Akio paid for the food well I think he's rich. From that short moment I already had one person added to my list of friend. "Well I enjoyed being with you guys but I need to go now" Akio said as we reached the exit of the restaurant. He wave at me and he went separate way, he walks toward his car while us towards the office. Bro can I have an advance? I ask Clark "What do you mean?" he ask. mmm you know my salary I said without any further explanation "No!" he said. Please!!Please! I said to him pleading I tried to look cute but it doesn't affect him. As we arrive at the elevator I was still asking him but he's not answering, I was gonna leave when he said yes then can I get it later on? I ask "sure, but in one condition" he said what is it? I ask "we'll talk about it later on" he said then he pushed me away from the elevator. Ughh how rude but anyways atleast I can have money now HAHA. I head now to my office and begin to read all the documents as fast as I could I couldn't wait to get my money.

What is the condition Clark was asking Beth? Vote and comment. Thank You! ^^. #Wattys2016 

The image above is Akio Hama.