His Letter*¹

Tuesday15, 2014

Eeek! You replied.

Good. Good. You love nature, you say? I can understand that. Attached to my letter are various pictures of nature; I hope it's okay.

        Wow. I have a question. What kind of a soldier are you? What is your, um...your, I have no idea what to call them. Perhaps you can tell me a bit of the army.

      I'll tell you about my week. Nothing interesting, though. I hardly step out of the house. This week was different, though. I went shopping— window shopping. It was interesting cause I was alone. I bought a few things for you. They've all been sent to you.

    I'd love to hear of your...um, your...experiences! That's the word, experiences.

I did my research, and I found that there are different branches of the army, so of what branch are you? Please enlighten me.

     Um, are you a part of the Regular Army, the Army Reserve, or the Army National Guard? I really do not understand the whole army thing? Where do you fight? Do you kill?

       I understand that you can't write much, and I appreciate your writing back. I hope you know that you're in my prayers, Luke?

   Should I call you Luke or is there a formality I should add?

  Did you join the army willingly? Do you enjoy it?

    I have to go now. See you whenever.

Anjie.

_____

A/N

     I'd love to hear from you, please. Still doing some research. I'm planning on this letter writing thing to go over the span of five years in as little as possible amount of chapters, perhaps fifteen chapters.