Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

I walked in the front door of the cafe. Looking around, I noticed that I was the second one here. I walked over to the booth that Cameron sat at. "Hey," I said.

"Hi," he replied.

"I still can't believe you two wanted to be friends with... us. I mean, there are lots of other kids to hang out with. I know you said it's because we don't treat you differently and all, but still."

Cameron smiled and shook his head. "No, Brett and I liked you guys from the beginning. I think that even though it's just been three days like you said yesterday, it feels like we're all so comfortable around each other that it's been years."

Suddenly a thought struck my mind.

"Hey everyone!" Laur's chirpy voice said. Cameron and I looked up to see Alex, Brett, and Laur sliding into the booth. Brett sat next to me on one side, and Laur, Alex, and Cam were on the other side.

"Hi," Cam and I replied. We all started looking at the menus.

"Hi there, what can I get you all today?" A waiter asked. He looked to be around our age, and his name tag read Trevor. Brett started, then me, then Cameron, then Alex. "And for you, miss?"

Laur looked down at her menu, but I caught the slight pink tint on her face. "What do you suggest?"

Trevor came around next to her and began pointing out items, and she finally chose one. When he finally left, I gave her a look. "Really Laur, you've been here like a thousand times! Why would you..." Wait, was there something I wasn't getting? My eyes widened in surprise. "No way!"

"Yes way," Alex said to me.

Cameron and Brett just looked confused.

"Aww, our wittle Laur has a cwushy poo," I said in a baby voice that made Laur hit her head against the table. Repeatedly.

Aww, Laur likes Trevor the waiter! Comment your thoughts, like always. Share and vote as well. Thanks, mwah!