Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen

I hit the ground feeling absolute terror. The creep pulled me up and slammed me into the wall. With one swift movement, he pulled an object from his pocket.

A knife.

Without warning, he punched me hard in the face. My head whipped to the side, and I accidentally bit my tongue. He pushed me to the ground and punched my stomach, effectively knocking the wind out of me.

I was covered in blood, sweat, and tears. I was physically, mentally, and emotionally exhausted. But one thing popped into my mind. Brett. And so much emotion came flooding with the thought of him. I realized I loved Brett. The amount that I thought about him, how I felt when I was with him, and the raw emotion I associated.

The man punched my face once more, but I wouldn't go down without putting up a good fight. I channeled all of the emotion into kicking him off of me. He reached for the knife, and the last thing I remember was his looming figure clutching the knife, being flung away before I succumbed to the darkness.

~~~~~

The man... He had a knife!

I gasped and shot up from my position on... my bed?

"Raina?" Cam's voice reverberated through my head.

"Ugh... Cameron? What happened?" I groaned.

His face came into view. "Do you remember... the guy?" I nodded, wide-eyed as the memories came back. "Well, after you ran, Brett had us all looking for you. We split into two groups: Brett with Archer, and me with Lauren and Alex." His cheeks went pink just saying her name, and I held back a giggle. "Well, they found you first. You were beaten up and all, so they took down the guy together while the girls and I got over there."

"How long was I gone?"

"You were gone for two and a half hours, and you were unconscious for a couple as well. It's two-thirty a.m."

My eyes widened. "You should go home! You didn't have to stay for me."

"Actually, we're having a sleepover in your living room," he said sheepishly. "Well, nobody's really sleeping, but..."

"I need to see Brett," I blurted. Realizing what I said, I closed my eyes and sighed. I was really frustrating myself today.

"Okay, I'll call everyone up."

"Oh, and Cam?"

"Yeah?" He paused and looked at me.

"Just ask Alex out already."

He blushed a little and walked out the door, a little smile playing on his lips.

Aww, I ship Camex. So... That was a scary couple of chapters, huh? I don't know, I felt violent! XD

This was a short chapter, but I just started school and they're already making us anxious, so... yeah. When did you all start school, if you have already? 

You guys know what to do. Thank you for reading the chapter, and I'll see ya later. Mwah!

P.S. How's this cover I made? Comment your thoughts below, thanks :*  

 How's this cover I made? Comment your thoughts below, thanks :*