The Visitor

Chapter 4: The Visitor

Annabeth (POV)

I stared at the ocean, tears filled my eyes. I felt so horrible, it was burning me up, making me want to go beneath the ocean waves and drown myself.

Why am I feeling this way?

15 years ago, my ex-boyfriend Percy Jackson. Was framed for treason, and I thought he cheated on me. But later we found out that he was innocent.

We found some notes in his cabin, explaining why the maps of Olympus were in his room. He was trying to figure out where Gaia would strike.

And I found out he was never cheating on me when I saw him with another girl from the Hephaestus cabin. Hephaestus said that he was helping Percy make a ring to propose, as a favor for helping Leo get Calypso. And the girl, Lily, Hephaestus' daughter, was trying to help Percy design the shape and design of the ring.

Once I realized what I've done, the guilt settled upon me like a storm cloud of doom. I hardly ate, couldn't sleep, and got really cranky and depressed.

I literally banished my boyfriend to hell.

All of Percy's friends felt horrible too, they couldn't believe they just practically killed their best friend. Why didn't I listen to Percy? Then maybe I would still be with him.

After Percy was banished me and the 7 along with Reyna, Nico, the Stolls, Clarrise, Katie and Chris all were granted a wish. We chose have immortality kind of like the Hunters of Artemis. We wouldn't age, but we can die in battle.

I felt a presence sit by me.

"I brought you a sandwich." Thalia said setting the sandwich beside me. I looked at it, it didn't look very good at the moment.

"No thanks Thalia. I'm not hungry." I mumbled.

"Thinking of Percy?" she asked, pain and guilt flared in my chest and I nodded numbly. "I have too. It feels horrible knowing we banished our friend, cousin, boyfriend to tartarus." Thalia sighed.

"Ex-boyfriend" I muttered sadly.

We sat in a uncomfortable silence, until Connor Stoll came running up to us. He looked at his face, suggested what he was about to say was urgent.

"Meeting in the Big House." he announced. "All the Olympians will be there." then he sped off. Me and Thalia looked at each other before sprinting to the Big House; if the Olympians were there then it must be important.

When we got there, we were the last ones because everyone else was already there. Zeus addressed us all.

"We have just received news that both Kronos and Tartarus are rising." Zeus said. Way to be blunt Zeus. I thought angrily.

Everyone immediately went into an up roar.

"QUEIT!" Hera yelled. "We also have news that Tartarus has a champion who shall be coming by with an important message. When the Champion does get here, remember their probably very powerful if they're Tartarus' champion. So try not to get them mad, so they don't try to kill someone." Wow, Hera was actually being smart.

"I think we should get rid of this.....Champion, when he gets here." Clarisse snarled. "Then we wouldn't have to worry about yet another problem."

"Is that all I'm recognized for? A problem?" an unknown voice said. Everyone jumped, and looked over to where the voice came from.

A figure stepped out of a dark corner in the room, he was casually picking his nails with a knife. I could tell my his body frame that he was male, but he was wearing a cloak so his body was concealed. He was wearing a pitch black metal mask on his face. The slits in the mask concealed his eyes so we couldn't see them, but he could still see us.