Inhale. Exhale. Repeat.

(Set after Annabeth left Percy)

Chapter 9: Inhale. Exhale. Repeat.

Percy (POV)

I watched Annabeth go back to the Pavilion, the goblet in hand. I could still taste the remnants of the drink on my tongue; oh how I forgot the taste of blue cherry coke, all the blue food I had loved so much. Especially my mom's blue cookies...

Mom...

That struck a sudden cord. What has happened to Sally Jackson? After all my time in Tartarus, I hadn't allowed much thought over her, or Paul. Besides, both Tartarus and Kronos weren't allowing weakness; which included emotional weakness. Thinking about my mom was too painful. So I had forbidden any of those kind of thoughts.

Now though, Tartarus and Kronos weren't here to punish me for those thoughts. And a fresh wave of questions bubbled inside my head. How is she? Paul? Are they okay? Do they still live here? Do they remember me? Do they miss me? Are they even alive?

No, a voice whispered in my head. Do not worry yourself with them, stay on mission. I shook my head, ridding myself of any of those thoughts. Stay on mission, stay on mission. I turned away from the window and instead sat on the floor with my knees crossed, and my hands resting on my knees. It was a meditating position I did with Tartarus to help clear all thought and emotion.

I breathed in deeply through my mouth, before breathing out through my nose.

My mind went black as I abandoned all thought. Besides clearing my head, this meditation technique also allowed to communicate with either Kronos or Tartarus from far distances. I deepened my consciousness, reaching deep inside the Earth until I felt two familiar presences in my subconscious.

One belonging to Tartarus, while the other being Kronos.

I've already talked to Tartarus, so I instead linked with my 'grandpas'. "Kronos?" I asked in my head.

It's quiet for a moment; then "Percy? What is it? Is something wrong?" Kronos' concerned voice echoes in my head. It felt weird when I first talked telepathically, the feeling was weird. Your head was completely clear, and when the voice talked it seemed to echo throughout the cavern of my mind. The voices were always sharp and clear, at first feeling like a sharp knife piercing your skull; but with time I've gotten used to the feeling.

"Nothing is wrong; I just wanted to talk." I tell him.

I can almost feel his relief. "Oh, alright. How is your mission going?" Kronos says.

I sigh to myself verbally, "Fine- I guess."

"You guess?" Kronos questions.

"Well, I guess seeing everyone again. It's been affecting me a lot more than I first anticipated." I tell him, not caring to let the emotion along with my statement. With Tartarus I was to stay stoic, but with Kronos I felt as though I could converse freely.