Just Having a Little Fun

Chapter 11: Just Having a Little Fun

Percy (POV)

Mediating was getting old. Of course, staring at the wall proved no more interesting either. I was seriously considering just breaking out of these useless restraints (it'd be easier than breaking free of paper chains) and just go cause some havoc. Back in Tartarus, if I was finished with my training, I was allowed to roam free and do whatever I wanted. One of my favorite pass-times was going Phlegethon or the Lithe (any of the 5 rivers really) and bending the water there.

After being enhanced from my training, and Tartarus's blessing, I could do a lot more than when I was a normal demigod. It'd be fun to burn a few pictures in the wood with some fire water, and certainly more entertaining than hearing the sound of campers outside doing their activities-sometimes having enhanced hearing really sucked. Huffing irritably, I looked up at the window from where I sat. Sunlight drizzled in, bathing my spot in sunlight. It was kind of nice feeling the sunlight again, Tartarus wasn't exactly known for its 'bright and happy atmosphere'.

Suddenly, a thought struck me. I looked around, spotting a few broken glass shards at the end of the room where one of the campers had accidentally shot the window during practice. With a little excitement, I hurried toward it, only to be yanked back a few feet from my target. I looking scathingly at the chains clasped on my wrists and ankles. I could break them and take the glass, I wouldn't have to leave the attic either-no harm no foul.

But I'm positive Chiron, or Clarisse (or Leo) would throw a fit if I did, probably restrict me even more. I sighed in disappointment; Tartarus wouldn't want me to cause too much of a disturbance right now either. How boring...

I blew a dispirited puff of air out, and sat back down on the floor, scratching half-hearted at the wood floor. What I would kill to at least get a deck of cards, something to occupy the time. As trained as I was, ADHD was still very dominant in me-even more now actually. My fingers were just itching to do something. I didn't want to sleep, meditating helped but that gets boring, I couldn't cause destruction or mayhem-ugh, what were prisoners expected to do all day? It's no wonder people tried hard not to be captured; if torture didn't break them, boredom definitely would.

Well, not me! Tartarus and Kronos are counting on me, and I refuse to let them down. But still...there had to be something to occupy the time. I looked around the room again, before my eys fell upon the window near where I sat. A smile pulled on my face as a thought crossed my mind. I got up and approached the window.

My hand skimmed over the glass, "Smooth, pretty good condition. A very nice window indeed." I mused, before punching a hole through it. The window broke on impact, a sharp sound followed as glass shards rained down. I examined my hand, it was bleeding a little from where a piece of glass snagged it. Eh, nothing a little water wouldn't fix. I hovered my uninjured hand over the cut (turned palm up) and concentrated, the water in the air pooled in my palm. My muscles relaxed at the familiar feeling. It was much easier pulling water from air here, in Tartarus it was a lot harder.

 It was much easier pulling water from air here, in Tartarus it was a lot harder