Joy

Heyyyyy y'all, sorry for disappearing on y'all so long, I just wasn't in the writing mood for a long time, I'm still not fully there, so if my writing seems different or shitty I'm so sorry 😭

Working on the next update as soon as I post this so hopefully I won't have y'all waiting too long for it like last time, sorry about that again, I know I left y'all hanging.

Excuse any errors or mistakes, I didn't proofread, I just wanted to get this out for y'all. Vote, comment, enjoy!
- Keiana

Joy

Fallon Williams

"I took a test, it said positive, I just wanna know for sure." I mumbled as I sat on the cot in the office.

I had done what my Papa had said to do and scheduled an appointment with an obstetrician in my area two days after I'd left his place.

I had just went there for some chili, and I found out something I really didn't want to know.

I know I should've been happy about this, but there was just something in me that wouldn't let me. It forced me to feel the opposite, disgust and confusion, and I just needed it gone.

I needed all of this gone.

I just needed everything to slow it down, and go back to how it was, before August ever came in my life.

"Fallon? Ms. Williams?" The doctor smiled trying to gain my attention.

"Y-yeah, sorry." I shook my head. "What were you asking me?"

"I was asking a little about your significant others family health history if you knew it. Cancer, mental issues, anything of that sort."

I sat back trying to think if August and I had talked about his family in depth like that, and we hadn't. I just knew about the immediate family, Mel, and his nieces, but I'd never met anyone.

I definitely didn't deserve to now, the thoughts that were going through my head.

"Nah I'm not sure, sorry."

"It's fine, maybe you can get that for me for next visit?" Her eyebrow raised.

Next visit?

No no no no.

"I'm actually not planning on keeping the baby if I'm pregnant."

Her face showed surprise, which she quickly tried to mask, but I saw it. "Really? And adoption isn't a thought? I'm not trying to impose and change your mind, I'm just saying."

I shook my head. "I'm not carrying a baby I'm not keeping, and I don't want."

She just nodded, not even knowing what to say. I didn't have anything else to say about it either, so I was just gonna stay quiet.

"Have you ever been mentally screened?"

My eyebrow raised. What was she trying to say? "For?"

"Bipolar disorder, dissociative identity disorder, something of that nature. You just seem so uncaring, I'm wondering if it's something deeper."

"I'm not sick, it's my life, my body, and if I don't want this baby, I have that right. Are my results ready?"

She nodded quickly. "Yes, I'll be right back with those."

"Thank you." I snapped.

Her heels clinked against the tile quickly as she scurried out the room.

Why was she trying to lecture me on my life like she knew me or something? She just needed to get my results, refer me to a clinic I could go to if the results were positive, and let me go on with my life. Everyone did for that matter.