Sal X Reader

It was winter time. The loveliest time of year. You were happily dating your best friend, Sal. It was his and your's 1 year anniversary and you were so excited for what he had planned. You were getting ready when you hear a knock on your door. You open the door to see Sal.

"I know I am early. I'm sorry ,but I am excited." Sal says walking in and taking off his coat. He smiles at you.

"No your fine I am just getting ready still ,but I shouldn't be long there are beer in the fridge if you want one."

"No I am good. I just can't wait till you see what I have planned for you."

"I can't wait either I am sure you out did yourself yet again. I keep telling you I don't want you to do to much for me."

"I like to go all out for you. And besides maybe I like it too." He smiles at you.

You finish getting ready. You have on a dark blue dress that stops at your knees with blue heels. You come out to the living area where Sal was sitting watching the news.

"No!" Sal yells.

"What's wrong?"

"It's snowing. Hard."

You and him look outside and notice the snow that was pilling up each minute. The weatherman said it was not going to stop until tomorrow afternoon.

"It must have started after you got here. We must have not noticed. There is no way we are leaving." You say.

"We have to go. It's our anniversary and it is special."

"Sal I know you planned a great night like you always do and I want to go as bad as you do. But there is no way we can even get our cars out. And if we did it is too dangerous out there."

"I just wanted tonight to be great y/n." He says looking at you and grabbing your hand.

"Who says it still can't be?" You say smiling at him.

"What do you mean? How y/n?"

"Hold on I'm going to change and I will show you how."

You change into jeans and a long sleeve shirt.

"Okay get your coat."

"What? Why?"

"Just trust me Sal." You smile.

You put on your coat and he puts his coat on confused. You guys walk outside in the snow.

"Y/n it's freezing! What are we doing out here?"

"We are having fun Sal. Remember what that is?" You joke while trying to catch snowflakes on your tongue.

"We are going to get sick."

"People have been playing in the snow for ages Sal. You aren't going to die. Now come one have fun with me on our anniversary." You say.

"Fine what are we doing first."

"We shall build snowmen."

"You are lucky I love you." Sal says.

"Yeah. Yeah. Let's get building."

"I better not die." He says rubbing his hands together. You laugh. You both build your own snowmen. You finished first and were proud of it. Sal took his time adding so much detail. After waiting for awhile you got bored and decided to have some more fun. You began throwing snowballs at him.

"Hey! What the heck I'm not done yet."

"I know I am falling asleep waiting for you." You laugh and throw another one.

"Okay fine you wanna fight." He says making snowballs. You both throw snowballs at each other running around and laughing. Having fun. That was until you slip on a patch of ice and go down.

"Oh my god! Y/n are you okay?"

"Yeah I just slipped." You say trying to get up but fall back down from the shooting pain in your ankle.

"Ah!" You yell in pain.

"What is it?"

"My ankle. I think I sprained it."

"Okay we need to get you inside now." He picks you up and carries you in bridal style. He lays you down on the couch and covers you up. He then props your ankle up and puts ice on it.

"I'm sorry I'm such a klutz. I ruined everything. We were having fun. You were actually having fun. Then I ruined our special night. I ruined our anniversary. I'm sorry Sal." You say with tears in your eyes both from feeling bad and from the pain in your ankle.

"Hey, no don't say that. It isn't your fault you hurt yourself. And it isnt your fault about tonignt. It is my fault. I planned our date. It was supposed to be special and perfect but it wasn't because of me. I should have checked the weather. It is my fault not yours. You are the reason we had fun. You made tonight special."

"Sal you can't control the weather. You are an amazing man and I am sure what you planned was amazing ,but truthfully I don't care where we go or what we do."

"What?"

"I don't need anything spectacular. All I need is you. I will have fun anywhere with you and I will be the happiest girl alive even if we just watch a movie and sit on the couch as long as you are there. Tonight was special for me because you were there. I love you Sal but special isn't about the date it's about you."

"I love you too y/n and tonight was perfect and the most fun I have ever had. But hey the night isn't over and it's not like I can go home."

"What do you mean? I can't really do anything." You say pointing at your now swollen ankle.

"It can be a special night no matter what we really do remember?" He says smiling. He puts in a movie and makes you both hot chocolate.

"Wow. I'm impressed. I can't wait for next year." You say with a smile.

"I can't wait for many more years." He smiles and kisses you. For the rest of the night you guys cuddle watching movies and drinking hot chocolate. Sal was the love of your life and you were his and no matter where you went you both had fun. Nothing was as special as that.