the colour of her roses. one.

"One would think it'd be the other way round

"One would think it'd be the other way round." His friend chuckled as another rose dropped from his locker onto the freckled floor of the school corridor. He bent to pick it up as he stared at it and continued to as his friend said.

"Forreal, like how does she even get them in his freakin' locker." His friends begin to laugh, but he stood holding on to dark blue rose in his clenched fist.

"Who do you think it is, Shiloh?" His friend asked the recipient of the flower, who's curtained brown hair covered his reddening face as he stared at the flower with wide eyes.

"I-i don't know." He said in a flustered tone, his grip on the flower tightened as he closed his locker. He turned to look at his friend with a huff, which caused them to laugh at his state.

"She's got you all red and everything!" They laughed at him and he grinned slightly. His two friends clustered around him, Shiloh in the middle smiling down at the rose with a pensive look as they all talked around him. The corridors piled up with student when the bell went for registration and as his friends left him, he snuck the rose into the breast pocket of his oversized denim jacket and made sure it stuck out noticeably;

she, who looked at him with a big grin, felt accomplished as she held her books to her chest. She knew how much he loved roses, he admired them when ever he came across them, no one seemed to know or they thought that the series of roses he got was a mere joke and didn't take it seriously. 

someone trying to win him over as usual.

But she knew that he'd appreciate a rose of his own, the roses he admired were always someone else's he couldn't take them away and admire it as much as he wanted, but now he could.

He felt slightly embarrassed that someone had found out his love for roses, running a hand through his hair, he thought maybe he was overreacting and maybe it was just someone trying to get a rise out of him.

He walked into his form room and sat in the front, his designated seat next to Tom. Tom sat with his legs outstretched in a typical man-spread on his seat and his phone secretly between them as he used it out of sight of a teacher, his black hoodie hung loosely. His ginger hair was curly and every-time he scrolled through his phone it lightly bounced, his freckles were splattered all over his face, like someone had flicked chocolate and peach paint over it, as his long lashes fluttered against his cheeks.

"You good?" Shiloh asked as Tom nodded and he blew a sigh from his thick lips and after the exchange Tom's eyes went to the look at the pink rose that hung from his jacket.

"That looks like the roses outside my house." Tom said suspiciously and Shiloh's thick eyebrows rose as if asking for an elaboration.

"Yeah and my mums been tellin' me about ow' someone's cuttin' her roses and takin em'." Tom sat up and put his phone away, which is unusual as he was always on his phone. Tom squinted his eyes suspiciously at Shiloh, making him go red with wide eyes, as he pushed his chair back and put his hands up.