the colour of her roses. four.

"Been waiting for a bit, yanoo." Tom made his annoyed presence known the next day as he leaned against his car. Shiloh looked up and puffed out his red cheeks as the cold had bitten them.

"I'm sorry, I was just talking to this girl."

"Rah! We're already tryna find one girl that can't get enough of ya'!" Tommy said as he slapped Shiloh's chest with the back of his hand and chuckled.

Shiloh looked up from the floor and say Timi with her earphones in, swinging a large folder, he was about to say hi when Tommy gripped his folder.

Shiloh grunted and turned around to see Tommy shaking his head.

"I'm not waiting any longer, Timi has headphones in which means 'leave me alone' in every language." Tommy said with a roll of his eyes  and Shiloh just pouted as he watched Timi walk away and into the school, "Tommy!" He whined as he pulled himself up and walked by himself.

"Anyway, another rose went missing, a yellow one this time. I got a right earful of that." Shiloh sighed, he didn't want to cause anyone trouble so he wanted to find this person as soon as he could, he just wanted to be able to give the roses back in the same way she was.

"Yeah I saw, it came with a note which was weird. I don't know if it's the same person." Shiloh explained as he got the note that had the words "Friendship" scrawled on the glossy surface with a smiley face.

"I think you got friend zoned." Tommy said as he gasped and laughed, covering his mouth when he threw his head back.

"No I didn't! Don't say that!" Shiloh exclaimed as he looked back at the note with a little bit of worry, wondering what happened in the 24 hours that made his admirer want to be his friend.

"Maybe this was the last rose, maybe she knows we're looking and now shes gonna be a mystery forever." Tommy muttered in a generic spooky voice as Shiloh looked saddened at that scenario.

They stood in the concrete parking lot, in front of their school and huffed as the wind blew against them.

"Maybe we should just put that camera at the top of that girls locker."

"Bu–," Shiloh tries to interrupt, trying to tell him the girls hesitance.

"Let's just do it, Hass won't notice." Tommy said with a convincing look, Shiloh looked away and sighed because it was only when he started looking did she want to give up; this was his first note and to be honest Tommy wanted to see more of her words, delve into her mind..

"Okay, I was going to use my ruby boots bag to hide the camera." Shiloh tells Tommy as he nodded and clicked his fingers,

"That's good," Tommy said as he rubbed his chin. He didn't realise, neither did Shiloh, that Hasanaa and Timi were fawning over them from a distance.

   —

anime - hashirama from naruto shippuden

Today when she creeped through the corridors early in the morning,

her gym clothes baggy

and her hoodie even bagger,

she didn't know she was the one know being admired.

She didn't know that she was being sought after.

I mean when you constantly reject yourself

thinking someone else might reject isn't that hard of a feat to come to terms with.

craving love that she knows she might be able to sustain

makes her the enemy in her mind.

but she can't stay away.

so as she slipped her note in, her heart stopped as another glossy sheet of card fell out.

as she dropped to the floor to pick it up, her heart ached on her sleeve and a tear itched her eye.

she was waiting for her dismissal

a word that would have the power to break her down.

she flipped the card over with her eyes closed.

she was huffing,

her breathing irregular

as a dark blue glow gathered around her and flashed as she turned the card.

not even her extra garment kept her from having nervous hot flashes spark through her body.

she eyelids betrayed her as they slid open,

her heart didn't understand

nor did her mind find anything logical about the note she clutched to her chest.

a few words that made her feel chilly with anxiety.

"people laugh because you send me flowers,
but i'm happy you do,
I want to know who you are.
maybe i can be your admirer instead
and leave you roses with notes." 

anime - revy black lagoon