Hello

Author's Note
The fic is now completely planned out!!! And don't worry there is life after the escape attempt!! I'm excited for it actually -sorry this chapter is a bit late though, school interfered a bit but I'm back!

Tyler's POV

As normally happens with these things, after my initial success I find it harder to re-create it. I can't lose myself as easily for some reason, but I think I'm still getting better. I'm still getting closer.

I can make myself stronger now too, not consistently though, it's pure luck whether or not I can do that bit.

I really am getting good at getting through the wall though! I've managed to  get my whole arm through the wall already! I think I can do this, but it's so exhausting.

Josh is trying to get me to  do it now.

"Come on Ty!" He says, "try again."

"I can't Josh." I whine, "I'm too tired."

"You can do it Ty."

"No I can't, not right now...just give me a while to rest and I will."

"You've had time Ty. You have to do it." Josh replies, "Now."

I begrudgingly stand up and lean into the wall.

"What one should I sing?" I ask Josh.

"Whatever one you want."

As I'm about to sing a guard suddenly appears at my door and shoves the hatch across, I leap away from the wall and shrink away from his gaze until he finally closes it and moves on. But I know the drill now, I wait for a minute or so to make sure he's moved away from Josh's cell before leaning against the wall again, closing my eyes and breathing deeply, trying to fly away from the four metal walls around me. Trying to fall through them.

I try to decide what song to sing, what one works best, and it doesn't take me long.

It has to be Trees. It was one of the first ones I ever wrote and Josh likes it, so that helps as well I suppose, to know that I'm making him forget the walls of this prison as well as myself.

"I know

Where you stand

Silent

In the trees

And that's

Where I am

Silent

In the trees"

Josh doesn't talk to me while I sing anymore. He says I have to do it alone now, so that he doesn't always have to be there, so I'm left to give myself a pep talk.

"Why won't you speak?

Where I happen to be

Silent

In the trees

Standing cowardly"

I know I can do it. I just need to get up to my shoulder and it will be a success. So I press all of my weight into the metal and focus on what lies on the other side. Josh.

"I can feel your breath

I can feel my death

I want to know you

I want to see"

I feel a rush and I know it's close to working, it's like my mind is already through the wall and my body is stuck behind, like I just need to catch up, like I'm being pulled through the wall so that I can be one piece again. So I keep going.