Go

Tyler's POV

We stand still for a moment. We all know that we can't really afford to stay still, but I don't think any of us ever truly believed that we'd get this far. Sure, I didn't even know it was happening until now, and I don't think it has sunk in properly.

Taking a deep breath, Gerard runs towards the window and glances out into the rain as Josh locks the door back into the hallway, but as Gerard moves to climb out of the window, Josh calls out to stop him.

"Wait!" He shouts, Gerard and I snap our heads towards him. "The trackers. we have to get them out."

Not wasting a second, as soon as the information processes, we begin to expose our backs, of course we have to get rid of the trackers. How could we have forgotten that? . The longer we're here the more dangerous it becomes.

I'm the first to have the skin of my back bare, and Josh rushes over, grabbing a butter knife off a counter on the way, it's covered in cake crumbs but we don't have time to find another one.

He spins me around and rubs his rough, calloused fingers across my skin until he locates a small lump just under my right shoulder blade.

I feel the cool, smooth metal touch my back, and I brace myself for it to dig in but instead, all I can feel is Josh's warm breath on the back of my neck as he prepares to do it.

Then suddenly, he jerks his arm and in a single, swift movement, the blunt blade is pushed under my skin and through the searing pain, I can feel a small item slip from my skin, before it lands on the carpet at my feet.

I can already feel blood beginning to drip down my spine but I have to ignore it. I don't have the luxury of feeling the pain right now, and Josh doesn't have the luxury of trying to stitch me up.

Immediately, he rushes over to Gerard and does the same thing as I pull my jumpsuit back up and over the new wound, slipping my arms through the orange sleeves.

As Josh turns to allow Gerard to remove his tracker, all I'm left to do is to pace nervously across the floor and watch the proceedings. Now, I realise that Josh is possibly as terrified as I am.

His hands shake nervously and rub against each other as if he can't bare to stand still, the adrenaline pumping through his veins putting him into a constant frenzy.

But just as quickly as my tracker had fallen out, a small metal chip tumbles off the tip of the knife and falls to the ground, bouncing a few feet before it stops.

Not wasting any time, we ignore the trackers lying on the carpet, still giving off a signal, and dash to the window. The heavy rain and fog is good. It means you can't see very far, which means guards outside can't see us, but we can still see the search lights.

They beam out from so many places I can't count and swoop across the prison walls. Luckily, they seem to be missing here.

Gerard goes first, swinging his legs through the window and dropping down to the flat roof just a few feet below, ducking immediately and moving to the side.

Josh shoves me forward then and without thinking, I jump out after Gerard and hunker at the side of the window as I see Josh begin to climb out. Almost as soon as his feet touch down, banging can be heard from the door to the staff room. Hopefully our trackers will buy us some time.

"What now?" I ask Josh, praying that they have an actual plan.

Gerard answers instead. "Now we run." He says.

"You mean you don't now where we're going?!" I hiss back at him.

"We've never been out here Ty." Josh replies calmly, "How would we know?"