{14}

Felix

Grinned, leaning over the kitchen counter with a mug of freshly brewed coffee in hand. His cerulean blue eyes followed Jack's movements as he paced through his small kitchen, hands frantically combing through his hair.

"So," Felix chuckled, lifting the mug to his mouth, "You love Mark." He took a sip as he watched Jack throw his arms in the air, frustrated.

His pacing slowed, but he continued to walk back and forth across the tiles, he was shaking his head as if he couldn't understand anything. His feet were beginning to hurt but if he stood still his head would spin.

Jack had called Felix over earlier today to "discuss future plans", a rather vague request but he came nonetheless. At first he had no idea what to say to Felix, his hands shaking and sweat beading on his forehead. He was rather surprised to be as nervous as he was, but Felix seemed to find the whole situation hilarious.

Felix stood up straight, sitting the mug on the counter before stalking up to Jack. Reaching out, he grabbed Jack by the shoulders, holding him still. "Stop pacing, it's giving me a headache."

"Sorry," He spoke quickly, his head falling forward and shoulders slumping. "I have no idea what the fuck I'm doing."

Felix chuckled, lifting one hand to ruffle Jack's hair, "I've noticed."

"It was all too rushed, ya know? Mark called me and before I knew what I was doing, I ended t'hings with my girlfriend!" He shook his head, his whole body feeling tired and limp. "I really screwed up t'his time, Fe."

Felix tilted his head, scrutinizing Jack's tired expression before pulling his small body into a hug. Jack was stiff at first but eventually melted into the hug, tucking his head into the crook of Felix's neck.

"You need to tell him," Felix noted, squeezing Jack a bit before sighing into his green mop of hair, "You gotta, he's been sick thinking about you."Jack just hugged Felix closer, taking a shaky breath.

He didn't know what he was going to do, just thinking about it all made him feel queasy. Jack was never one to question his sexuality, never did once. And never in a million years would he consider his very best friend as a love interest. And yet here he was, contemplating whether or not he should confess his love.

Love

He hated the word. It made him feel weak and vulnerable. Like he wouldn't be able to speak to Mark normally because of his newfound feelings for him. He would end up stuttering, or shaking. Just thinking about it embarrassed him.

Sure he wasn't always the most confident, especially after moving from Ireland. It was obvious that he wasn't American and for about a month he didn't even want to order his own food, afraid that his accent would cause odd looks. Eventually Mark forced him to speak and overcome his fear, but it took a good bit of convincing and a bribe.

He wasn't the most well spoken but over the years he'd gathered enough courage to get over himself. Turned out that Americans loved his accent, he was complimented all the time. He wasn't normally one for loving attention but now he didn't mind it.

But telling Mark that he loved him. That would be a whole other story. The thought of baring his all and speaking against his words from the past would just make him look stupid. He had made such a huge deal about Mark being gay and now what? Now Jack had feelings for a guy and not just any guy but his fucking best friend.

"I know, I should," Jack sighed, stepping out of the hug and running a hand through his hair, "But I don't even t'hink I'm....ready."

"For..?"