The Oblivion

"You can't tell anyone, and I mean ANYONE." Lucas states as Maya slides on her coat.

She flips her wavy out from underneath it and huffs, "I get it."

He hands her a cup of coffee before opening the door for her to leave.

"I have a reputation, and can't afford to loose it if-"

"I got it, you and Riley are going to be prom king and queen. I'd never ruin anything for Riley on purpose." Maya tells him and he nods before closing the door.

She knocks on the door, and he opens it. "what?" He asks.

"Was I any good?" She smiles and he smiles back before closing the door again.

"I'll take that as a yes." She says to herself before skipping merrily home.

~~~

Maya takes a shower around 5 o'clock that morning before doing her hair in curls and makeup.

She drinks a smoothie for breakfast and thinks deeply about the night.

She was supposed to help Lucas babysit and things just went better than expected.

Oddly enough though, her best friend aka his girlfriend was originally going to help him until she got sick.

They're the "it" couple. Riley is his princess and he's her Prince Charming.

Maya gets up, checks to make sure she has all her school supplies, and then tucks her cheer uniform into her backpack.

That's right. Maya Hart does cheer.

She walks outside, greeting the sharp needles of the cold with a soft sneeze.

They say hello with a sudden breeze that actually makes her lose balance and nearly fall.

Luckily, Prince Charming just so happened to be there.

"Jesus Maya. You have two feet, learn how to walk on them." He tells as he catches her and she rolls her eyes.

"I try but it doesn't work sometimes." She says innocently and they smile while walking together.

"I'll see you at school, okay?" She asks and he nods as she heads into Riley's apartment building.

She opens their door with the key they've given her.

"Riles!"

"Peaches!"

They hug tightly, Riley is wearing a black trench coat over her cheer uniform.

She has a golden ribbon in her hair, since she's the captain. (Maya & the rest wear red ones.)

Maya goes on her toes to center the ribbon and tighten her high ponytail.

Riley frowns, "Why aren't you in your uniform?"

"It's cold and I can't afford a fancy jacket like yours." Maya explains before locking arms with her and dragging her out the door.

The wind hits them like a truck and the both fall hard into some snow.

They both groan in pain as they get up, "Where's Lucas when you need him?" Riley asks.

Maya was wondering the same thing.

They both trudge on until they're in the metro.

They walk into the subway and cling tightly to a pole so they don't bump into strangers.

Once they arrive to their destination and are welcomed by the warm indoors of school, they collapse next to their lockers.

"We made it." Riley breathes and Maya nods.

"Are you two alright?" A tall, attractive guy asks and Maya sits up straighter.

"We're fine." She replies and he helps them both up.

"You know Riley, if I could fix the alphabet I'd put U and I together." He flirts.

"Oh Farkle." She sighs and Maya giggles before opening her locker.

"GUYS THE WIND IS AFTER ME!" Zay exclaims as he enters the halls.

"How so?"  Farkle raises an eyebrow at him and Zay is making such a big deal, everyone is staring.

"I literally would take a step and the wind would shoot me down into the ground. I was nearly late y'all!"  Zay is waving is hands up in the air crazily.

Maya ignores Zay when she hears her phone ringing.

She sees its her mother and hesitantly presses the green button.

"Hellllooooooooooo?" She answers.

"Hi honey, I just wanted to see if you were okay. When I got home last night you weren't home or at the Matthews." She says in a concerned tone.

"Oh sorry... I was trying to study at the 24 hour library and fell asleep. I promise it won't happen again." She reassures and unfortunately Maya looks over at Riley who is listening in on her conversation.

Once Maya hangs up, Riley can't help but ask

"So, what'd you actually do? Or more like, who'd you do!?" She raises her eyebrows up and down, excited for her friend.

"Your boyfriend, duh." Maya says this with a lot of sarcasm, boy wait til she realizes that's the truth.

"Haha. I'm serious, as your best friend you're obliged to tell me." Riley points out.

"I actually was drawing in the library." Maya says gently, "it's nice and quiet."  

Riley accepts her answer and smiles, she didn't question why Maya might want to keep that from her or her mother.

Lucas soon approaches the girls, just to walk Riley to class though.

"Hart."

"Friar."

"Alright... I'll see you later Maya!" Riley waves.

"I'll see you in class." Lucas tells her, his facial expression is impossible to read.

Maya nods at the before making her way into Home Economics. 

{GUESS WHAT PROJECT THEY DO IN HOME EC!? >:)}